The dreaded work capability assessment

It may be hectic near Bankers on the 28th, atos are going to be bombarded by the people they punish for being disabled.

Sheffield: 12.30pm – Tuesday 28th August

Hartshead Square, Sheffield – UKUncut Sheffield have joined forces with Disabled People Against the Cuts (DPAC)to make sure it’s Games over for Atos during the Paralympics: http://www.facebook.com/events/196007200530031/

Bournemouth: 12.05pm - Tuesday 28th August

I can't see the issue with some disabled people being expected to work. But as usual, a sound policy is only being used to scape goat disabled people in a time of resession and mass unemployment. Rather than comming up with an assessment which matches an applicants capabilities to work types, and using it as a positive channel for empowering disabled people into the work place.

If the assesment said, you are disabled, but we have a sympathetic employer who is willing to take you on. You will be placed on a three month trial to make sure that you are capable of doing this work. the main problem is it all about cutting costs, and not helping disabled people at all.

If the assesment said, you are disabled, but we have a sympathetic employer who is willing to take you on. You will be placed on a three month trial to make sure that you are capable of doing this work. the main problem is it all about cutting costs, and not helping disabled people at all.

And the problem is that by cutting costs is one area the government might end up racking up costs in another. As the support is unfairly withdrawn then the health of people might deteriorate further, ending in perhaps permanent exclusion from the workforce and more cost to the NHS and other agencies.

As usual the whole thing has not been thought through and is not part of any kind of cross-department joined-up policy.

• 2 weeks later...

R.i.P Cecila Burns who was deemed fit for work, by an atos medical in febuarary. She had cancer and died yesterday, so please stop telling me atos is fit for purposse. I want to congratulate paralympains who hide their atos sponsorship. We will not be kept quiet, speak up and have your say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19433535

R.i.P Cecila Burns who was deemed fit for work, by an atos medical in febuarary. She had cancer and died yesterday, so please stop telling me atos is fit for purposse. I want to congratulate paralympains who hide their atos sponsorship. We will not be kept quiet, speak up and have your say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19433535

Wouldn’t someone with breast cancer just be on sickness benefits, my mother worked for some of the time she had breast cancer, she took some time off on sickness benefits during her treatment but then went back to work, she wouldn’t have described herself has disabled.

Archived