The dreaded work capability assessment

atos is the governments way of deciding if you are fit for work so the the loss of your close relative and all your family suffering through suicide is cowardice ? I should say that anyone in such a mental state dont think about those things at the time ! I will say that i admire your stance on this but lets stick to the original thread about atos

Ok, i have been through a 'atos' assesment,although unbeknown to me.

after being hospitilsed for 3 months consecituvely after being diagnosed with Krohns disease, Since leaving hospital back in 2003 i was advised that i was unable to return to work as a upvc fitter and was offered menial jobs such as shelf stacker, security gaurd etc, I was also advised i was entitled to full dla allowance, and my partner was entitled to carers allowance as a result, I told them to stick it and asked for a course to retrain, I was told that i need to be unemployed for 4 years, After a quick call to the rehab nurse i was soon put on a retraining course and i am now back on my feet, If you want it....

You can win gold at the olympics or crack on, the people who REALLY need it are few and far between.

Sorry but suicide is a cowards way out.

No it isn't, its the cheats who make the genuine look bad, simple, the government are saying things like..' just because your in a wheelchair why can't you work?, not, you have a serious illness, jog on.

Watch the paralympics and see what really disabled people are capable of, I'm not judging you at all, your personal situation may well warrant full entitlement and rightly so, but a lot of people are claiming fraudently and this impacts on everyone who claims what they are entitled to, But as said before, suicide is a cowards way out, man/woman up and face that challenge

may surprise you that i am an engineer who worked o on full CNC machinery working to microns for nearly 30 years and paid more tax than the average worker on min wage cant help if my mental state needs me to be on benefits lets keep to the atos thread

may surprise you that i am an engineer who worked o on full CNC machinery working to microns for nearly 30 years and paid more tax than the average worker on min wage cant help if my mental state needs me to be on benefits lets keep to the atos thread

Yeah, so mentally you are not suitable for work????

Sorry but it doesn't wash with me,

Simple as that, I don't understand 'mental' illness, you were ok for 30 years and now you can't handle it??

30 years ago the word stressed wasn't heard of, it was just ...sacked.

Sorry again mate, i just don't agree with it...Man up.

thats my opinion.

Simple as that, I don't understand 'mental' illness, you were ok for 30 years and now you can't handle it??

thats my opinion.

That probably explains all the nonsense you've written in this thread.

Ok, i have been through a 'atos' assesment,although unbeknown to me.

after being hospitilsed for 3 months consecituvely after being diagnosed with Krohns disease, Since leaving hospital back in 2003 i was advised that i was unable to return to work as a upvc fitter and was offered menial jobs such as shelf stacker, security gaurd etc, I was also advised i was entitled to full dla allowance, and my partner was entitled to carers allowance as a result, I told them to stick it and asked for a course to retrain, I was told that i need to be unemployed for 4 years, After a quick call to the rehab nurse i was soon put on a retraining course and i am now back on my feet, If you want it....

You can win gold at the olympics or crack on, the people who REALLY need it are few and far between.

Sorry but suicide is a coward s way out.

orry to hear your answer about cowardice my fiancee bore my child and then run in front of a lorry because of mental problems she died she had post natall depression I was left with 2 kiddies who are now grown up do you waant to continue with your theory ?

thats my opinion.

your comments are unfair. You do not know what else the person has been through, to create the mental health issues.

One in four of us will have to live with having some form of mental illness in our lifetime. that's a hell of a lot of us. None of us knows what tomorrow may bring.

I bumped into my ex-husband a couple of weeks ago, and learnt that he has just had another nervous breakdown. ( the second since our divorce , 12 years ago)

I did not expect to need a pacemaker aged just 46, or to have angina and coronary artery disease.

The late Christopher Reeve did not get up that morning, expecting to be thrown from his horse, and breaking his neck, resulting in Quadriplegia.

thats my opinion.

anxety

gotta laugh with ya ha ha deppresion and anxiety is the is the anxwer 30 years are past i was the bees knees then now i feel like **** you would do well with a job with ATOS and you would get a bonus for kicking me off

For those on here saying they cannot work due to this or that, quick thought for you. You can read as you are able to respond to the posts on SF. You are able to reply using a computer meaning you are able to communicate and have the necessary literacy and computer skills to function in front of a computer. Straight away i can think of numerous jobs that your skills would be adequate for.

Many people with mental health problems can function in society. We all have problems in lives. I see and speak to people who say they can not work due to back problems or mobility problems. I ask them what they have done over the weekend. They say been fishing, looking after grand kids, goin to the club.

How do you get there then? There is a job that 95% of people can do if they really wanted to.

The other 5% are genuine cases for DLA

A friend of a friend of mine always used to say people with depression etc were just weak and had no respect for them, he suffered a bereavement fell into a depression quickly and then killed himself.

It can hit anyone at anytime

As for atos, dont get me started!

Archived