Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

Was pretty funny seeing the amount of token non-white "?actors?" in top hats and working in pastoral England. I don't think it was multicultural carp though it was utter carp. Just reckon they couldn't find the volume of white folk required in London. Should've been bussed in from Derbyshire, they wouldn't have needed props, makeup and costumes then either :)

Modern filmography seems to be following modern art's path- make things that are absolute garbage and tell anyone who doesn't like it that it's only because they don't understand it.

Then you get people saying "I love it but I'm baffled by it" or "I love it but I don't understand why".

Really glad I didn't pay to see it. Wonder what the future sir or lord Danny Boyle's fee was. :gag:

40seconds of fireworks that the bbc interrupted with sport footage clips. Lame. Beijing still has the title of "most spectacular opening ceremony ever"

It is racist whether it's fair or not.

There goes that word again.

You know one day, thanks to Sheffield forum a brand new word is going to be needed for what we now call racism.

You lot are just so used to wheeling it out its like an instant reaction.

:rolleyes:

There goes that word again.

You know one day, thanks to Sheffield forum a brand new word is going to be needed for what we now call racism.

You lot are just so used to wheeling it out its like an instant reaction.

:rolleyes:

Well you seem to have got plenty of mileage out of it today, well done!;)

It is a sad reflection on the world we live in that people watch a spectacle like that and have nothing more in their mind than taking note what the proportion of white / non white was. I can honestly say that neither myself nor the people I watched it with noticed the colour of anyones skin.......because it didnt matter.
There were almost no non whites at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. However, one of them, Jesse Owens of the USA, won the 100 meters sprint, much to Adolf Hitler's disgust. I wonder how many SF ers would have been disgusted too.

There were almost no non whites at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. However, one of them, Jesse Owens of the USA, won the 100 meters sprint, much to Adolf Hitler's disgust. I wonder how many SF ers would have been disgusted too.

plenty..................

Because people pointing out the vastly distorted ethnic demographics and historical inaccuracy of the opening ceremony are on a par with adolf hitler?

Jog on. :hihi:

Hey up Nimrod, I did not watch the OC last night but not going to knock those who did, just 2 points.... there seems to be some complaints over the person carrying the flag....who the hell is she?

And 2nd your point on us being gracious, can you let the England fans know this next time we get beat in say a semi, & they riot all over country, smashing up bars & towns :):)

I dont know [or really care] who the flag carrier was, she was obviously British, regardless of colour.

Yes, the England football fans are a separate entity. i dont think they come under the title of 'fans' but this minority rabble attach themselves to any convenient sport. It was also creeping into boxing a year or two ago with clashes between rival fans.

I used to follow motorcycle racing, no bad behaviour there. Fans of all nationalities getting on well, even sharing beer. The winners got a standing ovation regardless who they were. It was just a bonus if a Brit won........

Isn't non-white a horrible description of a person ?? It suggests inferiority in some way. Just watch the 'non-white' inferior people inflict their inferiority on the rest in the track and field events. Those non-white, inferior sprinters certainly are fast.......in an inferior, non-white way. Those inferior non-white Ethiopians are the same.

This discussion smacks of the old apartheid days in South Africa. I had hoped all this was over. Poor old Mandela and Walter Sisulu fought and struggled for nothing.

i would be ashamed to even think such terms, let alone speak them......

Isn't non-white a horrible description of a person ?? It suggests inferiority in some way. Just watch the 'non-white' inferior people inflict their inferiority on the rest in the track and field events. Those non-white, inferior sprinters certainly are fast.......in an inferior, non-white way. Those inferior non-white Ethiopians are the same.

This discussion smacks of the old apartheid days in South Africa. I had hoped all this was over. Poor old Mandela and Walter Sisulu fought and struggled for nothing.

i would be ashamed to even think such terms, let alone speak them......

No. It's just a description. To differentiate between white/pink looking people which make up the majority of the uk and those that aren't or don't. Says nothing about superiority or inferiority unless that's how you view whites. In that case thè problem is yours for avoiding the subject. :)

Archived