Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

As long as you continue to object to people for no other reason than the colour of their skin, so long will you continue hear the same word. It is, after all, an entirely accurate description of your attitude.

Where have i objected to them?

You lie.

I just object to the number, it offers a false impression of our shores and i think that's wrong.

It was a triumph of diversity of all kinds, totally inclusive (the Windrush) and even featured that infamous lesbian kiss. I loved it, a refreshing change from the pomp and ceremony of our usual spectacles, featuring real everyday people who are incredibly hard working and good at what they do. A celebration of our complex and not easily defined cultural and national identity. Seeing Doreen Lawrence made me cry. I also loved how the construction workers lined the tunnel as Sir Steve carried the torch through into the stadium.

Of course the Suffragettes (especially the shoulder to shoulder touch) and Bowie were highlights for me. It's a shame that Macca was wheeled out yet again, that wasn't in keeping with the theme of passing on the legacy to the new up and coming stars of the day. Aside from him it was a veritable visual and aural spectacle, brilliantly conceived and executed. It far exceeded my expectations. The cauldron was beautiful and original too. The whole event was incredibly moving.

Where have i objected to them?

You lie.

I just object to the number, it offers a false impression of our shores and i think that's wrong.

Well it is the London Olympics rather than the British Olympics. I'd say the demographics were about right. Ok it might not have all been historically accurate but it's a show not a history lesson.

No. It's just a description. To differentiate between white/pink looking people which make up the majority of the uk and those that aren't or don't. Says nothing about superiority or inferiority unless that's how you view whites. In that case thè problem is yours for avoiding the subject. :)

It is NOT just a description, it was a label tagged onto blacks in their own country by the ruling whites of Dutch origin. They even tried to justify white supremacy by writing it into their own half baked version of the Bible It is not how I myself view whites, I dont have a view on the matter......until someone makes racist remarks. The description 'non-whites' was on buses, park benches, shop fronts, it was everywhere. A very high percentage of British sportsmen and women are black, its a fact of life. I dont avoid issues, I tell it like it is and I reckon its offensive to people who have trained hard and qualified in their chosen fields to be descibed as 'non-white'. Like it or not, they are British. Blacks do make up a high percentage of team GB, thats why so many were in the parade. THEY HAD EARNED THAT RIGHT, through hard work and dedication. To hilight this and intimate it to be a misrepresentation of our nation is an insult to these people. I thought racism was on the decline......but not on Sheffield Forum.

I thought it was very well done, a bit busy looking, they could have done without the NHS bit, and sir Paul singing his druggie song, best part was the children singing in their PJs, but all this forum talk about whites &blacks, all I saw was people :huh:

Archived