Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

I would like to think it was a slap in the face to Cameron, Blair and the Thatcher witch......all of these have damaged Britain, Thatcher by wilfull damage, Blair by incompetance and Cameron by deliberate profiteering. He certainly looked awkward at times.....he got the message regarding the NHS allright, his face said it all.

Eloquently put,nothing you say is arguable.

It was a triumph of diversity of all kinds, totally inclusive (the Windrush) and even featured that infamous lesbian kiss. I loved it, a refreshing change from the pomp and ceremony of our usual spectacles, featuring real everyday people who are incredibly hard working and good at what they do. A celebration of our complex and not easily defined cultural and national identity. Seeing Doreen Lawrence made me cry. I also loved how the construction workers lined the tunnel as Sir Steve carried the torch through into the stadium.

Of course the Suffragettes (especially the shoulder to shoulder touch) and Bowie were highlights for me. It's a shame that Macca was wheeled out yet again, that wasn't in keeping with the theme of passing on the legacy to the new up and coming stars of the day. Aside from him it was a veritable visual and aural spectacle, brilliantly conceived and executed. It far exceeded my expectations. The cauldron was beautiful and original too. The whole event was incredibly moving.

plus it was good to see a couple of muslim countries fielding women in their squad for the first time, thats a positive step.

cant remember which now, quata? saudi?

plus it was good to see a couple of muslim countries fielding women in their squad for the first time, thats a positive step.

cant remember which now, quata? saudi?

Totally, and that was acknowledged too. The whole ethos of last night has restored my faith a bit, as I was really cynical about it all.

There are only white people in the sailing team. Let's throw one out and get in a blacky. Balance up the racial mix to reflect our country.

I'll put my opinion forward - Andy Peters. He'd jump at the chance.

but wont all the blackness come off with the water?

errrrrrrrrrrrm

but wont all the blackness come off with the water?

errrrrrrrrrrrm

Good point. Some of the white sailors may pick up a tan aswell. Oh dear. This can't carry on like this. A Latvian housewife might misunderstand our social make-up. It'll ruin everything.

Archived