Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

I thought there were far too many non whites.

They were way way WAY out of proportion to the population.

Im glad someone else noticed it too.

It dosent make him racist though.

61% of the population of Newham is "non-white" to use your terminology. I imagine the volunteers came from round there or nearby

Thats what you meant though. You just dont have the nuts to come out with it :)

dont be an idiot, i said what i meant, the best available are chosen, whether white, black, pink or blue ......colours not the issue, SHOULDNT be the issue

its acheivements that matter

theres only you with an issue over colour

Of course it matters.

Having all those non whites representing a majority white country is a disgrace.

Its pandering to the left wing and making us look like a 3rd world country.

Are you for real? It's fantastic and I doubt any other Olympic ceremony, other than a US one, would be as diverse. It should be celebrated and it was, beautifully so. This is who we are.

I never heard the term non white. In the American South, black people were called colored, which also included Asians and Hispanics. They could not sit in the front of the bus, sit at white lunch counters, use white toilets, or get a room in a white hotel. It's hard to believe today that it was like that. While there ar still people that would like to return to those days particularly older people, the country is a lot more ready to integrate than it ever was before. We're colored too. Its called pink.:)

Its a term which was officially used in South Africa in the despicable days of Apartheid. It was only economic and political pressure which brought it to an end. Black people were treat like animals in their own country. It was state enforced racism.

I never heard the term non white.

If i used the term blacks id be told they are called people of colour.

If id used the term browns id be pilloried for being a bigot.

Non white is one of the few terms the leftie cant get upset about.

Give them time though.

Are you for real? It's fantastic and I doubt any other Olympic ceremony, other than a US one, would be as diverse. It should be celebrated and it was, beautifully so. This is who we are.

Diversity is NOT a good thing.

Anyone who thinks it is is clearly misguided.

There are only white people in the sailing team. Let's throw one out and get in a blacky. Balance up the racial mix to reflect our country.

We would need a half cast for that, not a full blackie as you put it.

Rowing teams are (and im not 100% on this) 5 strong so to have a full non white would screw the ratios somewhat :rolleyes:

Good link (I rarely click through). I wondered what the rest of the world thought of it. For good or for bad it will change opening ceromonies for ever.
The New York Times is famous for having some of the world's toughest critics. I would say on this occasion Britain got a passing grade. Praise indeed.:)

Archived