Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

Diversity is NOT a good thing.

Anyone who thinks it is is clearly misguided.

Then I for one am happy to be misguided. I am proud to live in a country where I am surrounded by such diversity in all strands of life. I can eat food from the four corners of the world, listen to music from all manner of ethnicities and have friends from around the globe.

My late dad would have been 116 now and I am extremely grateful that he and my mum were forward thinking enough to bring me up in the belief that all men are equal no matter what their race creed or colour.

It does matter what he thinks and he is significant because he's an MP. He later added "Now we can move on from leftie multi-cultural crap. Bring back red arrows, Shakespeare and the Stones!” seemingly unaware that the Stones named themselves after a Muddy Waters song and started as white boys playing black music.

Great I'm glad you agree he is entitled to express an opinion.

My late dad would have been 116 now and I am extremely grateful that he and my mum were forward thinking enough to bring me up in the belief that all men are equal no matter what their race creed or colour.

If you believe all men are all equal you are very misguided I struggle to make a living as a shop keeper and removals while politicians sit on there fat arses earning lots of money doing very little. There is no equal between them with money and them with no money.

All I know is that the few bits I saw left me utterly bemused - Some one driving a mini (BMW German style not British original) and some bird singing Abide with Me while a troupe of "dancers" jittered around like the stage had been wired to the mains whilst batting away hordes of midges from their heads .... bizarre!

We would need a half cast for that, not a full blackie as you put it.

Rowing teams are (and im not 100% on this) 5 strong so to have a full non white would screw the ratios somewhat :rolleyes:

Er, rowing isn't sailing. And different disciplines have different numbers of people in the teams.

Diversity is NOT a good thing.

Anyone who thinks it is is clearly misguided.

I suppose that you would have preferred it had the EDL played a major part and stormed in a kicked all the darkies off the stage. I can't be bothered with argue with people of your mentality. We are diverse, we are multicultural, get used to it.

Its a term which was officially used in South Africa in the despicable days of Apartheid. It was only economic and political pressure which brought it to an end. Black people were treat like animals in their own country. It was state enforced racism.

Emotive drivel. Non white= not white. Just a description. Person of colour is another way of describing someone. Shorter than saying "person who is obviously from a different ethnic background to the historical population in a majority white country(Britain)".

Show me someone who isn't a bleeding heart ridiculous liberal looking for something to be offended by and I'll stop using the term.

Just because it was used in apartheid south Africa doesn't mean the adjective belongs to them.

Your argument is ridiculous.

I am mostly white(sometimes I'm pink/red/brown too) :), marrying into a non-white family. Never met or known anyone who was offended by the term nonwhite before. The "SF is full of racists" line is getting really tired. More worryingly SF is full of nutty anti-racists. Freedom of expression and not wanting to tread on eggshells in every aspect of life does not make one a racist/fascist.

I only noted the fact in the first place because it seems funny that political correctness in ceremony comes before any tiny amount of historical accuracy. Which in turn is funny because that's how everything works now due to the gang of offendees that trawl around looking for the chance to be morally outraged.

The ceremony was probably accurately representative of the current London populace(especially if 90% of the non-nonwhites were eastern Europeans) which is fair enough because it is "London2012" and not britain2012.

Anyone claiming it was overtly English or British is sadly mistaken.

And it was rubbish. Where were all the fireworks? I want my share of the £10 billion back please.

Archived