Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

Perhaps the number of non-whites was very representative of the people who volunteered?

Exactly. Especially since a lot of them will have come from the area around the Olympic Park which has a good proportion of blacks.

Positive discrimination is illegal in the UK; the term you are looking for is positive action which is legal.

An employer will put more effort and extra resources into finding an employee from and Ethnic minority group, disable person or a women, if anyone from this group is has qualified for the job as a white man, then they can lawfully employ them just because they are from that group, it still remains illegal to employ the white man because he is a white man.

This method of recruitment was used for the Olympics.

Isn't positive action only allowed where there is an actual under representation of a particular group, therefore in the case of the Olympics it would have been used to encourage a representative diversity of the London population?

Great ceremony, carried effective message, Cameron 'a bit miffed', brilliant.

BUT, the racism in this thread has even exceeded my own level of decency.

Miss Kane, please go back to your BNP or EDL forums. Someone may see your point of view there.

How the hell this thread has not been locked I will never know. SF has turned into a nasty place full of unpleasant rude and ignorant racist morons.

People of all nationalities use this forum, please be more considerate.

Great ceremony, carried effective message, Cameron 'a bit miffed', brilliant.

BUT, the racism in this thread has even exceeded my own level of decency.

Miss Kane, please go back to your BNP or EDL forums. Someone may see your point of view there.

How the hell this thread has not been locked I will never know. SF has turned into a nasty place full of unpleasant rude and ignorant racist morons.

People of all nationalities use this forum, please be more considerate.

Well said. Thanks for common sense.:)

I really liked the ceremony, though if it was meant to be an advert for Britain, then including the free-at-point-of-service NHS was a reminder to the world that they can come here for free health care courtesy of UK taxpayers.

I thought it was vaugely about the history of britain,

but 9 minutes for an NHS ad

then 3 or 4 seconds on WW2 seems a bit sus :suspect:

I think churchill appeared for a second:hihi:

Archived