Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

You do realise the host city is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world, and that the area where the Olympic park is located is one of the most multi-cultural areas of that city?

I'm more curious as to why so many people even notice what colour skin the performers have. I didn't.

What percentage of the performers had red hair? Did anyone check that? How about brown eyes?

I'm more curious as to why so many people even notice what colour skin the performers have. I didn't.

What percentage of the performers had red hair? Did anyone check that? How about brown eyes?

I understand the point you're trying to make but it's very easy to tell if someone's black or not

I understand the point you're trying to make but it's very easy to tell if someone's black or not

But it's trivial and insignificant ... spotting a chap with black skin is no more likely to register than spotting a chap with red hair, yet to some people, for some reason, it stands out like a sore thumb.

All I'm asking is, why so? What makes people think that skin colour is any more important than hair or eye colour?

You do realise the host city is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world, and that the area where the Olympic park is located is one of the most multi-cultural areas of that city?

Quite. They probably drew a lot of the performers from the local population of south London so there were bound to be a lot of black faces. I thought Asians were under-represented.

Quite. They probably drew a lot of the performers from the local population of south London so there were bound to be a lot of black faces. I thought Asians were under-represented.

I thought this too (if by Asian you mean middle-eastern).

Quick question for anyone who has the answer - we have a huge middle-eastern population but you hardly see any in professional sport. Why is this?

I thought this too (if by Asian you mean middle-eastern).

Quick question for anyone who has the answer - we have a huge middle-eastern population but you hardly see any in professional sport. Why is this?

Is it really that important to draw so much attantion to the coloure of someones skin???

You need help!

I didn't watch the TV and think "why are there so many black people?"

I just saw a stadium full of dancers/performers etc.

Is it really that important to draw so much attantion to the coloure of someones skin???

You need help!

Oh stop making an issue out of something that isn't one. I simply said that I didn't see many middle eastern people and asked why they were under represented in sport.

You need help!

I don't think you'd have done very well in the zulu wars my old son:D

Archived