Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

Is the Olympics just supposed to be about London or should all of Britain be represented as well? The ceremony last night was very London-centric. The majority of the country is not anything like as racially diverse.

I think their aim was to show cultural diversity rather than an actual makeup of the country.

Is the Olympics just supposed to be about London or should all of Britain be represented as well? The ceremony last night was very London-centric. The majority of the country is not anything like as racially diverse.

London, not Great Britain, was picked to host the Olympics as it's cities, not countries, that compete as would-be organisers. So it's primarily a London thing. However competitors represent Great Britain, not London, so that has to be reflected too. I'd imagine most of the volunteers would have been Londoners so their ethnicity would represent London, not Great Britain. East London is probably the most cosmopolitain part of the country.

Ahh wonderful journalism, just report what somebody has put into a 140 character tweet to make an article. Is this person of any significance? Does it matter what this one person thinks? Isn't he entitled to an opinion anyway?

It does matter what he thinks and he is significant because he's an MP. He later added "Now we can move on from leftie multi-cultural crap. Bring back red arrows, Shakespeare and the Stones!” seemingly unaware that the Stones named themselves after a Muddy Waters song and started as white boys playing black music.

Clearly a racist!

People have to qualify for the Olympics. It has nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

Get a grip. If you don't like black people, sod off out of Britain! It would be a better place without people like YOU!!

But then there woud be no conservatives left and I need them to remind me I'm better.

I thought this too (if by Asian you mean middle-eastern).

Quick question for anyone who has the answer - we have a huge middle-eastern population but you hardly see any in professional sport. Why is this?

By Asian I meant South Asian which is the common usage in this country, in other words those who can trace their ancestry back to India (including Pakistan and Bangladesh).

There was an article on the BBC website about why India which has a massive population, never get many Olympic medals. Quite an interesting read.

Here's the article - http://www.euronews.com/2012/07/19/why-does-india-perform-so-poorly-at-the-olympics/

By Asian I meant South Asian which is the common usage in this country, in other words those who can trace their ancestry back to India (including Pakistan and Bangladesh).

There was an article on the BBC website about why India which has a massive population, never get many Olympic medals. Quite an interesting read.

Here's the article - http://www.euronews.com/2012/07/19/why-does-india-perform-so-poorly-at-the-olympics/

Thanks I'll have a look

If only whites had volunteered, do you think they'd have let that go ahead?

The Olympic ceremony was another deliberate attempt by the liberal establishment to foisters the perception that Britain is all the better for being a multicultural "progressive" country when all evidence points to the fact that that is wrong.

like it or loath it, but LONDON which is the host city is one of, if not the most multicultural city in the world, thus the ceremony portrayed it perfectly. Anyone who disagrees is a racist prat!

Personally I think the opening ceremony was a triumph!

Archived