Olympics opening ceremony multicultural poop tweets Tory MP

Hey up Nimrod, I did not watch the OC last night but not going to knock those who did, just 2 points.... there seems to be some complaints over the person carrying the flag....who the hell is she?

To which flag do you refer? The Union Flag of the team was carried by Sir Chris Hoy, and anyone even vaguely aware that an Olympics is going on ought to know who he is.

The Union Flag raised at the beginning, to represent the games being here in the UK, was carried by eight members of the Armed Forces.

The IOC flag was carried by eight people; among them, the Secretary-General of the United Nations; the director of Liberty; Daniel Barenboim and Haile Gebreselassie, both ambassadors of something or other to do with the UN, the former a world-famous conductor and the latter a world-famous athlete. (I forget the names of the other four.) My guess would be that not everyone recognised the names of those eight - and if they missed the single time when their positions and titles were announced, they would never find out either.

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/media/press/2012/liberty-director-carries-the-olympic-flag-in-opening-cer.php

some of the more right wing thing forumers hate her and what she stands for

Cheers Mel for clearing that up, and yes; HN I DO know who Chris Hoy is, still doesn't make me want to watch it, I just have an inquisitive mind.

Cheers Mel for clearing that up, and yes; HN I DO know who Chris Hoy is, still doesn't make me want to watch it, I just have an inquisitive mind.

It was fairly obvious that the unidentified person wasn't Chris; I just wanted to be thorough. :cool:

(Just be grateful I didn't list the carriers of the other 204 team flags...) :D

Doreen Lawrence also helped carry the flag, like i said some on here see those names as pc dogooding campaigners and it annoys them, tbh i dont care either way, somebodys got to carry it, to me it doesnt matter who really, ive got more important things to worry about

Doreen Lawrence also helped carry the flag, like i said some on here see those names as pc dogooding campaigners and it annoys them, tbh i dont care either way, somebodys got to carry it, to me it doesnt matter who really, ive got more important things to worry about

They were going to ask Cleggy but they feared he would do a U-turn!:hihi:

Archived