The Queen is remarkable.

For precisely that reason, it is madness to give people a job based on which womb they popped out of.

Of course it is. It's like saying if your father and grandfather were ditch diggers, you must also be one.

What criteria would you like to see used to select the next monarch? That is, if you don't think the monarchy should be abolished. Maybe a battery of psychological tests and a physical endurance course? OMG, you could have it at Wembly Stadium and charge admission! Or televise it! :hihi: I'm being silly now.

Believe me, democratically electing people to office doesn't necessarily yield better results. Your still stuck with a bunch of power hungry, self serving crooks who abuse their positions, rarely serve the needs of the people who elected them and either do something stupid or embarrassing. Sometimes both.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the royal family, for all their faults aren't all that bad. I still maintain you could have done a lot worse.

no i find them to be a joke just like the person who posted them :hihi:

I realise that your intellectual incapacity is so challenging that you resort to personal abuse.

Dont worry, let your emotions go, dont bottle things up. You are special.

She's 86 and for that she's done well to get there, but then again our old stick (mum) is 85 but I've not started a thread to show how in awe of her I am. But if got a choice of a monarch, or republic, then I'll stick with old Liz' family, but not Charlie jug ears to succeed her

.....But if got a choice of a monarch, or republic, then I'll stick with old Liz' family, but not Charlie jug ears to succeed her

Unfortunately you can't have one without the other, that's what a monarchy is all about. The eldest son succeeds (until they moved the goal posts recently). Chas would be pig-sick if he had an elder sister.

Unfortunately you can't have one without the other, that's what a monarchy is all about. The eldest son succeeds (until they moved the goal posts recently). Chas would be pig-sick if he had an elder sister.

The changes are set to happen after Chas.

Archived