The Queen is remarkable.

Maybe you should open your eyes and look around the internet, its been trending all day.

I'm no huge athletics fan but I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the GB team. You'd think the head of state would be too, not checking her nails

It just shows the contempt she has for ordinary people. Safe in the knowledge she can't be voted out, she doesn't even pretend to give a toss.

It just shows the contempt she has for ordinary people. Safe in the knowledge she can't be voted out, she doesn't even pretend to give a toss.
What a stupid comment. Personally I feel she should give herself and Philip a break, and remember they're getting on a bit now. I think she does far too much these days, she was out again this morning.

One problem is that people organising this stuff don't really want anyone else, they feel they're being fobbed off, they want the Queen there. To be honest, no wonder she was picking her nails, that parade did go on a bit! Be honest, weren't we all a bit bored by the time Team GB appeared like a gaggle of chavs on the razzle? It was a shambles.

What a stupid comment. Personally I feel she should give herself and Philip a break, and remember they're getting on a bit now. I think she does far too much these days, she was out again this morning.

One problem is that people organising this stuff don't really want anyone else, they feel they're being fobbed off, they want the Queen there. To be honest, no wonder she was picking her nails, that parade did go on a bit! Be honest, weren't we all a bit bored by the time Team GB appeared like a gaggle of chavs on the razzle? It was a shambles.

They were having a good time - you know, enjoying themselves - remember that ? I thought it was fantastic.

shouldve been prince phillip, then we mightve finally lost him for good

Oh Prince Philip makes me laugh, the things he says are always said with humour and the media often make him look bad

Naughty media:nono:

They were having a good time - you know, enjoying themselves - remember that ? I thought it was fantastic.
You know, if some people can criticise the Queen for containing herself and not grinning like a loon all the time - can't others of us criticise a gang of camera obsessed screaming athletes shambling on whooping and hollering as though they were downtown on a Friday night?

Maybe we'd have preferred our representatives to appear with some sort of decorum and looking like gold medal material? Just saying ... :)

C'mon..they were in the moment, the stadium exploded when they entered. Comparing dedicated hard working sportsmen/women to razzled chavs is a bit OTT, you surprise me.

As for Queenie..in all honesty I think she's had enough..she's been doing this stuff for years all over the world, and think she's tired from the inside out.

You know, if some people can criticise the Queen for containing herself and not grinning like a loon all the time - can't others of us criticise a gang of camera obsessed screaming athletes shambling on whooping and hollering as though they were downtown on a Friday night?

Maybe we'd have preferred our representatives to appear with some sort of decorum and looking like gold medal material? Just saying ... :)

The days of the 'stiff upper lip' have well and truly gone - thank God ! To see young people so excited about being there and representing their country was refreshing tbh.

What exactly does 'gold medal material' look like ? :)

Archived