The government is planning to sell off Plasma Resources UK

If a private company gets to run the blood service then I am stopping being a donor.

If it goes private then they can start paying for the blood.

So what happens to the people that needed your blood? And if they start paying people to donate blood it'll be the NHS, or the tax payers to be a little more precise that'll have to pick up the tab.

What does commercially effective mean then?

Many non profit making organisations are commercial affective, they need to be able to provide an effective reliable service, but don’t necessarily have to make a profit.

Many non profit making organisations are commercial affective, they need to be able to provide an effective reliable service, but don’t necessarily have to make a profit.

So if they don't make a profit what's the point, why not just fund the NHS?

So if they don't make a profit what's the point, why not just fund the NHS?

Maybe it's believed that a private company may be able to bring efficiencies to the service allowing the NHS to redirect the saved money?

:loopy: yea look what its done for the services of sheffield

But there are private companies that are excellent at organising the logistical support, which is what we're talking about here; not private companies delivering the service. So your comment is not really relevant.

But there are private companies that are excellent at organising the logistical support, which is what we're talking about here; not private companies delivering the service. So your comment is not really relevant.
yes it is but you cant bring yourself to admit it :hihi:

So what happens to the people that needed your blood? And if they start paying people to donate blood it'll be the NHS, or the tax payers to be a little more precise that'll have to pick up the tab.

That's not my problem, I give blood because I'm a strong supporter of the NHS, I am not going to help some company that is earning a few quid out of any part of me that I donate. If there's money in it then let them buy it, this has Tory written all over it.

Archived