The government is planning to sell off Plasma Resources UK

Maybe it's believed that a private company may be able to bring efficiencies to the service allowing the NHS to redirect the saved money?

Its just a way to chip away at the NHS.

If people let them then they would sell the whole service off at the drop of an hat.

I am going to withdraw my support of the NHS now I am aware of this.

If there's money in it then let them buy it, this has Tory written all over it.

Back door privatisation but the tories just won't admit it because they know it will cost them votes. The tories will just delay the decision on privatisation until they feel secure enough it won't cost them too much. Until that day the tories will gradually try to persaude public opinion to accept the things they want to do.

Back door privatisation but the tories just won't admit it because they know it will cost them votes. The tories will just delay the decision on privatisation until they feel secure enough it won't cost them too much. Until that day the tories will gradually try to persaude public opinion to accept the things they want to do.

Exactly, they saw the opposition they got from chopping the tree's down directly like Thatcher did, so have opted to use a woodpecker approach that hopefully will go un-noticed.

I used to work voluntary for Oxfam up Handsworth and then I overheard the manager there one day on the phone about a pick up, what was going on was he was weeding out the best clothes and his brother inlaw was selling them at car boots and they were whacking it up between them.

Needles to say I left on discovering this, the part that really stuck in my throat is I had had some clothes off them and paid them for them while this man and his family were taking the cream of donations and profiting from it.

The privatisation of the logistical support of the NHS has been going on for at least 15 years, this is just another step along that road.

So what do you say about the plans to do this were first announced in 2009, under Labour?

It doesn't matter who says it, it is still backdoor privatisation. Although such privatisation methods have increased since 2010. They just keep trying to chip away little by little.

• 1 month later...

It is sad to hear that the NHS is in such a bad situation these days. I do not know...I feel no longer really cared for in the UK - the hurdles are getting higher. Is it the same in medical research and the really vital CD antibody studies to finally find a solution to HIV? Do they cut there too? I mean I do not know, but medical research is a field with high potential and they should not cut the money there, otherwise GB will be far behind it all very soon.

• 8 months later...

You are probably barking up the wrong tree Carol - Mecky will use anything to further his crusade and I'm afraid that includes beating on altruistic blood donation as well. Posting that link won't assuage him, although I found it quite useful thanks :-)

You are probably barking up the wrong tree Carol - Mecky will use anything to further his crusade and I'm afraid that includes beating on altruistic blood donation as well. Posting that link won't assuage him, although I found it quite useful thanks :-)

Well..... It's worth a try!!!!! :) :)

Archived