Banged Up Abroad - Why Do People Continue To Smuggle Drugs Time After Time?

Don`t get me wrong I love watching Banged Up Abroad it`s a brilliant programme, but everytime I watch the programme I ask myself why does another person choose to do it?? I know the obvious is money, they have ended up thousands of miles away from home, they went abroad teaching or something and end up meeting some unsavoury characters who have an answer to all their problems, what?? why are some people so stupid that they think it is that easy to smuggle drugs??. The customs officers have seen it all before and they are wise to stupid people who smuggle drugs as people have been trying and failing to smuggle drugs for years and years don`t they watch the News and read about others who have ended up in a hellhole recieving some silly sentence for smuggling cocaine, heroin, or some other drug etc etc??.

It is frightening the state of some of these prisons, they are not a nice place to be serving a long stretch, the conditions are hurrendous they really are, watching this programme prisoners in this country are very lucky compared to prisoners abroad. I read a book about Sandra Gregory who ironically was teaching in Thailand in 1993 and smuggled drugs out of Thailand with Robert Lock who was freed, as he had no drugs on him, she had and she was sentenced to a long time in the Bangkok Hilton the famous hellhole Phlem Klom I thinks it called, and then she was sent back to Britain to serve the rest of her sentence and was eventually freed, another famous story about smuggling was Billy Hayes who was caught at the airport in Turkey in 1978 and sent to Sagmcillar prison. The film and book Midnight Express was based on this starring Brad Davis, what are other peoples thoughts on this?? as it baffles me why people risk their freedom time and time again on the off chance that they will get away with it when 9 times out of 10 they never do and end up paying the price. :);)

The book was called Forget You Had A Daughter and it was a brilliant read very sad and gritty and honest, and you could just picture the hell she was in in your mind whilst you were reading it. I thought it was one of the best books I had ever read and would reccomend it to any avid readers out there, I am after a copy of Midnight Express next as I have only seen bits of the film, I bet the book is better. :);)

Don`t get me wrong I love watching Banged Up Abroad it`s a brilliant programme, but everytime I watch the programme I ask myself why does another person choose to do it?? I know the obvious is money, they have ended up thousands of miles away from home, they went abroad teaching or something and end up meeting some unsavoury characters who have an answer to all their problems, what?? why are some people so stupid that they think it is that easy to smuggle drugs??. The customs officers have seen it all before and they are wise to stupid people who smuggle drugs as people have been trying and failing to smuggle drugs for years and years don`t they watch the News and read about others who have ended up in a hellhole recieving some silly sentence for smuggling cocaine, heroin, or some other drug etc etc??.

It is frightening the state of some of these prisons, they are not a nice place to be serving a long stretch, the conditions are hurrendous they really are, watching this programme prisoners in this country are very lucky compared to prisoners abroad. I read a book about Sandra Gregory who ironically was teaching in Thailand in 1993 and smuggled drugs out of Thailand with Robert Lock who was freed, as he had no drugs on him, she had and she was sentenced to a long time in the Bangkok Hilton the famous hellhole Phlem Klom I thinks it called, and then she was sent back to Britain to serve the rest of her sentence and was eventually freed, another famous story about smuggling was Billy Hayes who was caught at the airport in Turkey in 1978 and sent to Sagmcillar prison. The film and book Midnight Express was based on this starring Brad Davis, what are other peoples thoughts on this?? as it baffles me why people risk their freedom time and time again on the off chance that they will get away with it when 9 times out of 10 they never do and end up paying the price. :);)

you cannot educate Pork ....greedy Pork at that!

Yes I know some people do, they are very lucky and clever on that programme there were a few who did it more than once, got away with it the first time and got caught on their second or third time. I bet most don`t do they?? more get caught though than get away with it, I would say I might be wrong I don`t know perhaps it is because we only hear about it when someone is caught perhaps. :);)

It's not just drug-smuggling but loads of crimes that people commit without thinking or caring about the consequences. Some people are stupid and arrogant enough to film their crimes on a mobile phone and then pass the images around, even onto the internet. A year or two back a gang of teenagers stabbed someone to death in Victoria Station in full view of some of the best CCTV in the country and in front of loads of witnesses. It's a combination of stupidity, arrogance, mental health issues, learning difficulties, greed, emotions, desperation, etc, etc.

Ok can you please elaborate on what you mean by that??, you cannot educate greedy people is that what you are saying??. :);)

people that try to smuggle through airports and the like are generally not very clever and are at the bottom of the drug chain, usually low end users who have an expensive habit and probably need to pay off a drug debt.

greedy people are just that greedy! and greedy drug smugglers think they wont get caught:loopy: believe me customs officers have seen it all.

very little gets through airports carried by passengers....but like i said you cant educate pork!! ...there will be a queue of passengers trying it on despite the warnings and captures:loopy:

Archived