Banged Up Abroad - Why Do People Continue To Smuggle Drugs Time After Time?

Drugs can be smuggled practically risk free. With the only risk being the loss of the drugs.

i have had dogs sniffing round plane loads i have been on regular, my experience it is a risky business to be in, you will get away with it for a while but eventually you will get caught and you will get prison time theres no other sentence (What they give) for smuggling drugs

Ok which ones are you talking about then?? because the types shown in this programme were class A/B Heroin, Cocaine, Anphetamine, Crack etc which do have lasting damage on users and their families but more so the victims of crime due to drug taking as well. :)

Ok which ones are you talking about then?? because the types shown in this programme were class A/B Heroin, Cocaine, Anphetamine, Crack etc which do have lasting damage on users and their families but more so the victims of crime due to drug taking as well. :)

Heroin is very safe if used properly.

greed pure and simple ! they think they are that special they wont get caught, the reason why thialand treats it so seriously is that it destroyed their country so now they take a very very hard line over drugs. and long may it continue !

you obviously havn't got a clue about thailand and how it works ,

what is destroying thailand is the greed and corruption of the police and politicians

the so called "thaksin's war on drugs" in 2003 I was there, was just an excuse for the corrupt scum police to go and murder petty crims and innocent bystanders most of the time .over 2500 people were killed by the police in the first year ,a couple of blocks away from where I was staying the 'police hit squad"burst into a ground floor unit and shot 5 people dead a pregnant woman and a child among them for a couple of ounces of grass....

just think about that before you shoot your mouth off..

most of the poor souls addicted to yabba are in that state because of the impossible debt they get in because of the rotten to the core goverment

the real dealers,the thai mafia ,thai police,thai politicians russian and eastern european mafia's to name but a few never get touched.....

just google 2003 thaksins war on drugs if you don't beleive me

Thailand isn't really going down. All the corruption isn't going to sink it, it just stops it from getting richer and more developed than it otherwise would have done. They will, eventually, make it, and Malaysia will make it too. They will eventually get up there, like South Korea did, it might take sixty years instead of twenty but they'll get there nontheless. It's the Philippines that is looking doomed in the long term, much more than Thailand, even though at the moment they are having a good phase and their economy - for them - is not doing too bad.

@Halibut I have just looked on the internet at an article in the Guardian saying it is, it is saying it can be used safely I never thought about it like that, all the people I hear of are roaring addicts robbing and stealing to feed their habits here is the link if you want to have a look at it http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/feb/04/drugsandalcohol.drugs. :);)

Archived