Help stop kitten experiments at Cardiff University.

Human beings are different, aren't they. Yes, we are alive; and animals are alive too- but so are trees!

That doesn't answer the question though. I know we are different.

In fact reading it again it does answer the question. 'We are alive and animals are alive too'

So nothing, i'm only trying to establish whether or not you place humans outside of the kingdom of Animalia

Why stop there - you could extend that to all eukaryotes. However I don;t think you could do research into lazy eye syndrome on a eukaryote like a tobacco plant or a nematode worm.

Yes. But they are still the same kingdom of life as us. The point is that some species are more suitable than others for the research and kittens in this case happen to be presumably the most suitable. If they could get away with using mice instead I'm sure they would - if they used primates it would probably be even easier, but they seem OK with using kittens, so that's where they ended up.

So nothing, i'm only trying to establish whether or not you place humans outside of the kingdom of Animalia

I don't, we are no better than any other creature and are worth no more.

If you say that you get accused of thinking animals are more important than people which is the exact opposite of what is stated above.

I don't think people have the right to inflict harm on any other creature for any reason other than immediate survival.

Lazy eyes are not anywhere near a good enough excuse for this!

Yes. But they are still the same kingdom of life as us. The point is that some species are more suitable than others for the research and kittens in this case happen to be presumably the most suitable. If they could get away with using mice instead I'm sure they would - if they used primates it would probably be even easier, but they seem OK with using kittens, so that's where they ended up.

The point is that we shouldn't be using 'animals' at all.

Archived