Help stop kitten experiments at Cardiff University.

You still havent put forward a convincing argument as to why that's the case though.

we have to study drugs on groups of humans based on race because asians react differently to drugs compared to europeans.

The fact that they are living creatures not our playthings is enough for me though.

I don't, we are no better than any other creature and are worth no more.

If you say that you get accused of thinking animals are more important than people which is the exact opposite of what is stated above.

Er, no. People are 'worth' more than animals- although neither is 'better' [whatever would 'better' mean, in this context?]

Er, no. People are 'worth' more than animals- although neither is 'better' [whatever would 'better' mean, in this context?]

Wouldn't that depend on the animals and humans are animals, surely a guide dog has more worth than a murderer?

You still havent put forward a convincing argument as to why that's the case though.

I suppose it comes down to no one animal has the right to use another in such a fashion, to increase the life expectancy of itself. We don't have the good sense to realise that enough is enough we prolong our existence even when it is useless to do so as our own frailty renders us helpless. We don't accept death ourselves yet we are happy to end that of another.

Our own self importance allows us to behave the way we do.

Survival is one thing but to have and show such a disregard for the life of another animal is wrong.

I suppose it comes down to no one animal has the right to use another in such a fashion, to increase the life expectancy of itself. We don't have the good sense to realise that enough is enough we prolong our existence even when it is useless to do so as our own frailty renders us helpless. We don't accept death ourselves yet we are happy to end that of another.

Our own self importance allows us to behave the way we do.

Survival is one thing but to have and show such a disregard for the life of another animal is wrong.

You cannot simply posit that it is "wrong" without giving a reason. Otherwise you have to concede that the argument that we are masters of the world and it is right to exploit animals as we see fit carreis equal weight to yours.

Sorry, but it's survival of the fittest. Just because humans are blessed (and cursed) with a conscience doesn't mean we should stop testing on animals and effectively saving human lives.

There are obviously a lot a cat lovers on here. You only have to mention that cats are evil and your post/ thread gets deleted.

You cannot simply posit that it is "wrong" without giving a reason. Otherwise you have to concede that the argument that we are masters of the world and it is right to exploit animals as we see fit carreis equal weight to yours.

There are as many reasons against as there are for animal experiments and i've given you mine. Now I can sit and google all night long and throw facts your way but your counter will be to find an equal amount in favour.

The drugs industry itself supresses progress in other fields despite good success rates because of the millions involved http://www.alignlife.com/articles/cancer/Running_With_the_Money_and_Away_from_the_Cure__Part_Three.html

The facts are out there it's just a matter of which you choose to believe.

Archived