Help stop kitten experiments at Cardiff University.

Lol, I can't believe that I'm having to argue the case with you tools, its self evident that humans are superior; we're not as strong as bears and gorrila's, we dont have the sharp teeth of Lions and crocodiles, or the eyesight and stealth of birds of prey, yet we are at the top of the food chain, and we are at the top of the food chain because of our superior intelligence.

(I dont care about any spelling mistakes I may have made here so spare me :P)

A chimp would never make such spelling errors when typing!!

Lol, I can't believe that I'm having to argue the case with you tools, its self evident that humans are superior; we're not as strong as bears and gorrila's, we dont have the sharp teeth of Lions and crocodiles, or the eyesight and stealth of birds of prey, yet we are at the top of the food chain, and we are at the top of the food chain because of our superior intelligence.

I wonder if a lion or shark would stop eating if they knew that you were above them on the food chain.:D

You're whole argument is based on opinion, and the ideas behind that opinion are flawed.

Even if we were top of the food chain (which can be argued against anyway) that is not evidence that we are 'superior' to animals, A Lion is above a Gazelle in the food chain but they are both 'just animals'.

We are also 'just' animals, yet seem to have a paranoid and arrogant need to want to elevate ourself out of being animals.

You're going to have to do far, far better than that I'm afraid :roll:

You're whole argument is based on opinion, and the ideas behind that opinion are flawed.

Even if we were top of the food chain (which can be argued against anyway) that is not evidence that we are 'superior' to animals, A Lion is above a Gazelle in the food chain but they are both 'just animals'.

We are also 'just' animals, yet seem to have a paranoid and arrogant need to want to elevate ourself out of being animals.

You're going to have to do far, far better than that I'm afraid :roll:

OK smart arse. We are obviously not wording our arguements in the "correct" way, are we? Yet, you know very well what we are trying to say, and you know that we are right.

We are all animals, that is obvious. But however you word it, humans are top of the food chain. We might not be able to win in a bare knuckle fight with many other species, but thanks to thousands of years of technical evolution, humans have the tools to do just about any job.

Other animals may have evolved the means to do their primary task more efficiently, e.g. large cat's and hunting. But humans have such an advanced brain that we have advanced far more quickly than any other species on this planet.

The main reason, as far as I'm concerned, that makes us superior is our ability to evaluate who we are, where we come from and where we are going, and, with that, our place in nature. This makes us special. We can see how external factors effect nature and we can, to a certain extent, control it. If it wasn't for human interaction, many species would now be extinct and vice versa. No other animal has this ability.

I suppose so but until then, if you like, you can help fund other welfare projects or local rescue maybe even get off your superior backside and help out once in a while :)

I've sent Cardiff University a bag of kittens just this morning........just doing my bit!

I wonder if a lion or shark would stop eating if they knew that you were above them on the food chain.:D

As soon as the bullet hit them in the head, they would stop doing pretty much everything!

And I would enjoy my Shark fin soup, followed by a Lion fillet with chips!

OK smart arse. We are obviously not wording our arguements in the "correct" way, are we? Yet, you know very well what we are trying to say, and you know that we are right.

We are all animals, that is obvious. But however you word it, humans are top of the food chain. We might not be able to win in a bare knuckle fight with many other species, but thanks to thousands of years of technical evolution, humans have the tools to do just about any job.

Other animals may have evolved the means to do their primary task more efficiently, e.g. large cat's and hunting. But humans have such an advanced brain that we have advanced far more quickly than any other species on this planet.

The main reason, as far as I'm concerned, that makes us superior is our ability to evaluate who we are, where we come from and where we are going, and, with that, our place in nature. This makes us special. We can see how external factors effect nature and we can, to a certain extent, control it. If it wasn't for human interaction, many species would now be extinct and vice versa. No other animal has this ability.

I'm not being a smart arse, but no one is actually addressing my points.

I never said we weren't different to other animals. Just as other animals are different to us, but you clearly aren't addressing the points I, and others are making, merely reinforcing our arguments.

We are not superior, the arguments you cite as making us so only serve to show that in our arrogant view our unique abilities make us somehow a 'higher' form of animal.

But as I stated before, to a flea, if it had our arrogant view of the world it would be superior because we can't jump as far.

This could be said for the countless number of creatures that possess unique abilities if they possessed our arrogant point of view (which they don't, because they don't possess our unique cognitive ability).

The difficulty is that we are confusing our unique ability as a superior ability, but it's only superior from our point of view. What you're putting forward is essentially a non argument.

Regarding your saying 'we are all animals, that is obvious' - to some on here that case doesn't appear to be obvious at all.

Archived