Help stop kitten experiments at Cardiff University.

There is no torture here... such emotive phrases are convenient for your case, but inaccurate.

If you believe that there is a case for animal experimentation then how is it that you get to decide who is or who isn't worthy of treatment?

Ask for human volunteers then. Simples, if none come forward do without the research.

Ask for human volunteers then. Simples, if none come forward do without the research.

I couldnt agree more. Its also more accurate than using kittens as what works or doesnt work on an animal may work differently on us.

Also he hasnt answered the question as to why its so serious we need to sacrifice these creatures anyhow. My understanding of lazy eye its a minor disability similar to me wearing glasses. An inconvienience no more.

I've not formed an argument on experimenting on kittens; I'd like to note. I'm just opposed to human beings thinking we're superior, and that kittens are merely animals and there are no barriers to us experimenting on them.

I'm not claiming you have, simply that you are claiming evidence that all animals are equal. This is the absurdity. No such empirical evidence can exist, it's all opinion & philosohpy.

What exactly is scrutiny in this context?

What you mean is, there are deep rooted philosophical positions which you have made no attempt to outline in your argument. Rather, you just don't agree.

There are four grounds philosophically used to seperate us from animals, they have all been shown to be wrong since their development.

1. Animals don't trade.

2. Animals don't plan for the future.

3. Animals don't have self recognition.

4. Animals can't use tools.

All of these traits have been observed in the animal kingdom. All of the traits were decided upon when the religions that gave man a superior place in the world had a grip over much of society, it is highly likely that part of their formulation was exactly because they hadn't been observed and thus upheld that unique position held by man.

Snap.

No one has even asked for my opinion on the o/p, to me it's the bizarre and totally unjustified sense of superiority we hold that is astounding.

Why is it bizarre or unjustified? The existence of that sense seems justification enough to me.

simply that you are claiming evidence that all animals are equal.

No. I claimed a belief. :)

I'm promoting one species anyway; bacteria. We need them, they don't need us. They were here long before us, and will be here long after us. We're tiny in comparison to their success.

Why is it bizarre or unjustified? The existence of that sense seems justification enough to me.

Ok answer this question. Why do we need to experiment on these creatures for an inconvienient problem to us humans. Its not life threatening or anything to us just annoying.

The existance of a sense of superiority is justification enough to experiment on something you consider 'less' than yourself for the benefit of those you consider are worthy of that experimentation?

Please don't tell me that's what you're saying.

Well I'm just saying that in this case. Lazy eye is an inconvienience. The same way I have to wear glasses. Annoying yes but not the end of the world. So why are we taking extreme steps to investigate this problem which involve these kittens.

Lazy eye can cause blindness & you can't even spell inconvenience.

Archived