Help stop kitten experiments at Cardiff University.

In your opinion; others are available.

No that's not in my opinion - that's in the opinion of the entire body of published biology, biochemistry, genetics, etc....

I can have an opinion that the Moon is made of green cheese but I doubt many people will take it seriously as it's as indefensible as your claim that a rock is an animal.

Still "opinion", as you helpfully acknowledge, and not fact.

It is the opinion of those people that it is indeed a fact that humans, being eukaryotic multicelled organisms are in fact, animals.

If I walk into a room and see several hundred thousand clocks telling one time, and another clock telling a different time, I'll pick the former as being accurate thanks.

If I walk into a room and see several hundred thousand clocks telling one time, and another clock telling a different time, I'll pick the former as being accurate thanks.

Scarcely a relevant source of reliable evidence. Make up whatever you like; but don't call it 'fact'.

Fact is not theory, is it now. 'Science' means 'knowledge' and not biased nomenclature.

To label humans as equal to animals is tendentious and self-serving theorising.

Actually it is.

Hypothosis is the idea, when that idea has been tested and observed (or in the case of theoretical sciences like quantum physics where the test itself can't be observed the results of the idea have been observed) it becomes -

Theory, which for all intents and purposes is fact.

The only time a theory is usurped is when another comes along with more evidence.

It's as close to an undisputable fact as you'll ever get.

Fact is not theory, is it now. 'Science' means 'knowledge' and not biased nomenclature.

I think you've got that the wrong way around.

To label humans as anything other than animals is tendentious and self serving.

What like gravity is a fact and theory?

Humans are in the same grouping of animals as the other great apes. They share many similarities with them, and more importantly do not have sufficient differences to them to be considered in a seperate family. They derive from the same genetic heritage, have a common biological ancestor, and have a similar form of body layout, DNA/RNA transcription, cell form, etc. All that makes them animals.

Now you think rocks are also animals, based on the concept of a soul which is something that cannot be demonstrated, and does not hold itself up to objective criticsm. That's a religious viewpoint I suspect and has no place in a scientific debate.

Archived