Illegal psychological experiments on Sheffield?

May be put them all under one heading, conspiracy theories and we can occupy ourselves with what interests us. :)

By the way some good ones there, it's good to know that not every one is a sheep.:thumbsup:

You may want to research my participation in those threads before assuming I'll see your point of view....

I believe covert and sinister would speak for its self, I guess there is a lot more to it than just which and who, as there are more than one lot of organised groups up to no good at this moment in time.

You claimed originally that there were mad scientists carrying out "covert and sinister operations". If we're going to discuss the topic you will have to give an example of one (or more).

This isn't one of the "truther" forums, if you want to be taken seriously here you should provide a case/example for us to begin with. Sweeping/generalising assumptions and unfounded beliefs (or simply beliefs based on "truther" gossip) have no grounded point for us to discuss.

(imo) it is hard to put a finger on who is responsible for what etc, where would you like to start, are you actually interested in this sort of stuff or just another joker or sheep etc.

I'm interested in the truth. I mean actual truth, not "truther" truth. I'm all up for a serious discussion and looking into any claims or cases of these things, as long as you are willing to participate and contribute some input which has substance. Rumours and baseless internet hear-say have no substance.

You may want to research my participation in those threads before assuming I'll see your point of view....

I never presumed you would see my point of view, I am a born disbeliever, you have your own beliefs, the world is full of all sorts of people from all sorts of walks, we can't all have the same views. It would be boring if that was how it was, it's good to have different opinions. That's the way of life.

You claimed originally that there were mad scientists carrying out "covert and sinister operations". If we're going to discuss the topic you will have to give an example of one (or more).

This isn't one of the "truther" forums, if you want to be taken seriously here you should provide a case/example for us to begin with. Sweeping/generalising assumptions and unfounded beliefs (or simply beliefs based on "truther" gossip) have no grounded point for us to discuss.

I'm interested in the truth. I mean actual truth, not "truther" truth. I'm all up for a serious discussion and looking into any claims or cases of these things, as long as you are willing to participate and contribute some input which has substance. Rumours and baseless internet hear-say have no substance.

Define Truther?

I never presumed you would see my point of view, I am a born disbeliever, you have your own beliefs, the world is full of all sorts of people from all sorts of walks, we can't all have the same views. It would be boring if that was how it was, it's good to have different opinions. That's the way of life.

I have actually little belief as I find that arbitrary belief without a good scientific proof is ultimately rather pointless...

But that's my belief of course..:-)

I have actually little belief as I find that arbitrary belief without a good scientific proof is ultimately rather pointless...

But that's my belief of course..:-)

I also believe in scientific proof, so we have one thing in common. But I also believe that people will lie to gain accolade. As with the moon landings for example.

Certainly.

A covert - a hiding place.

Sinister - Latin for Left.

Left in a hiding place?

If you want a conspiracy, you could always Google ZnCdS

I am going to ignore you from now, please don't be offended. :)

Define Truther?

To me, a "truther" is a conspiracy fan, what most people usually refer to as a "conspiracy theorist". In actual fact, most "truthers" (all, so far) I have met, have no theories, they are simply fans of theories.

They over-use the term "sheeple" with the irony being totally lost on them. By this I mean that they themselves are the most easily led. It takes very little to convince these people of conspiracies, usually a suggestion or a rhetorical question in ALL-CAPS, followed by multiple question marks (??????????) and exclamation marks (!!!!!!!!!!) is enough to validate something to them.

This sheep-like behaviour is evident in that a "truther" is attracted to just about any and all claims that go against mainstream media. A rational thinker may take note that when "Hotel X" was destroyed, supposedly by terrorists, that the facts presented did not add up. They may then look into it for themselves.

What they would not do is then start frothing at the mouth in support of every conspiracy claim that comes along.

EDIT: Are you going to participate now?

I also believe in scientific proof, so we have one thing in common. But I also believe that people will lie to gain accolade. As with the moon landings for example.

Those landings that left observable things like reflectometers and vehicles behind you mean. Oh and brought big lumps of Moon back.

Archived