Illegal psychological experiments on Sheffield?

Now theres no need for that. I've never or ever will work at a bank. :)

I did put a genuine comment up (twice) which you didn't respond to, which is cool, you don't have to. In all seriousness we can surely agree that jadzia dax aside, deep space 9 couldn't hold a candle to the others.

It was better than enterprise and voyager :rant:

Felt like there was a train being derailed every other week. As opposed to every now and then. I can't actually remember the last train being derailed off hand.

Well here's one which derailed yesterday. The was another one a week ago.

They happen all the time.

They only really become noteworthy by the media though when there's someone to blame (e.g. company not maintaining the tracks properly), the weather is a primary cause (tracks expanding, and we all love a good moan about the weather), there was a large number of passengers or if someone important was on the train.

Basically the same as car crashes. The media generally doesn't report them unless there's something noteworthy. It doesn't mean they don't happen, or that the numbers reported infer that something else is happening.

Seriously, this is your level of critical thought and investigation. If you're prepared to dismiss things as fraud because you a)couldn't be bothered to or b) just couldn't, understand what was being suggested, then there's little point in talking to you.

There you go assuming I don't look into things again. I have had the plans for Apollo 11, I don't just go oooh thats fake! i actually spent a good period of time on this before i made my mind up. There is the weight of the whole ship, the fuel consumption, the earths gravity, the distance, the time taken to get there and back, the time it takes to land on the moon, takes samples etc, rule of error, the max speed to get to the moon in the time it took, the rockets used etc etc etc, There is actually quite a lot of information freely available to make a fair assessment.

What makes me laugh is how so many people will just believe what they are told with out gathering the information to make their own judgement.

Well here's one which derailed yesterday. The was another one a week ago.

They happen all the time.

They only really become noteworthy by the media though when there's someone to blame (e.g. company not maintaining the tracks properly), the weather is a primary cause (tracks expanding, and we all love a good moan about the weather), there was a large number of passengers or if someone important was on the train.

Basically the same as car crashes. The media generally doesn't report them unless there's something noteworthy. It doesn't mean they don't happen, or that the numbers reported infer that something else is happening.

They were front page stories and on the news headlines BBC and ITV etc, mainly people trains not freight. I have noticed a couple recently coinciding with Brit troops getting involved in certain confrontations. It may just be coincidence, but I kind of don't believe in everything just being coincidence.

There you go assuming I don't look into things again. I have had the plans for Apollo 11, I don't just go oooh thats fake! i actually spent a good period of time on this before i made my mind up. There is the weight of the whole ship, the fuel consumption, the earths gravity, the distance, the time taken to get there and back, the time it takes to land on the moon, takes samples etc, rule of error, the max speed to get to the moon in the time it took, the rockets used etc etc etc, There is actually quite a lot of information freely available to make a fair assessment.

And what did all this information tell you?

Or did you decide it wasn't accurate and the real information has been withheld by TPTB?

What makes me laugh is how so many people will just believe what they are told with out gathering the information to make their own judgement.

It amuses me how people will suddenly start believing things to be lies because of what a shouty man on a dodgy youtube video says. It also amuses me how people like to pick and choose when the mainstream media are telling the truth in order to support their own stories.

It may just be coincidence, but I kind of don't believe in things just being coincidence.

Why on earth not? Me and you might cough at exactly the same time, would that be coincidence, or an indication that we're both involved in some super-secret plan?

If it rains on the same day each year for 5 years - evil plan or coincidence?

If you walk out of your house and 10 red cars in a row go past, coincidence or skullduggery?

Coincidence is everywhere. We only notice it because we are all in possesion of the most advanced pattern matching machine in known existence - the brain. Our brains don't like randomness, or chance, or coincidence, so it tries to make sense of them by linking things together. It's nothing different to seeing shapes when you close your eyes.

Now theres no need for that. I've never or ever will work at a bank. :)

I did put a genuine comment up (twice) which you didn't respond to, which is cool, you don't have to. In all seriousness we can surely agree that jadzia dax aside, deep space 9 couldn't hold a candle to the others.

OK sorry,

yes I agree, deepspace 9 wasn't the best, although it was good for a while it kind of dropped off towards the end.

You may find this interesting lol

http://www.hecklerspray.com/the-26-hottest-star-trek-babes/200816466.php

1, The media.

2, It was very obvious. Felt like there was a train being derailed every other week. As opposed to every now and then. I can't actually remember the last train being derailed off hand. And no I haven't been to the national archives to gather precise data.

Okay, next step, you need to set yourself some (stable) standards by which to judge information. So far you have demonstrated typical conspiracy fan behaviour when it comes to this (I'm not saying you ARE a conspiracy fan, but you do seem inclined towards them). For example...

Compare the moon landings to the train derailments.

For you, the evidence in the media was not enough when it came to the moon landings, you would have to be able to observe it personally for you to believe it, which coincidentally is impossible.

Now, when it comes to the train derailments, the media evidence is enough to convince you, you are convinced. Not only that, you're trying to make something bigger out of it.

Then there's the data analysis, you haven't bothered to compare the frequency of derailments to previous years, yet you think there were more during the Gulf Wars. In your words "it was obvious" :help:

For the moon landings, you have sought out information (that suits your own view) against the evidence given in the media.

By changing the goalposts so much when looking at different cases/conspiracy theories, you are never going to come to a fair or accurate conclusion and will more likely than not come to a conclusion which suits your agenda/views/beliefs.

Why on earth not? Me and you might cough at exactly the same time, would that be coincidence, or an indication that we're both involved in some super-secret plan?

If it rains on the same day each year for 5 years - evil plan or coincidence?

If you walk out of your house and 10 red cars in a row go past, coincidence or skullduggery?

Coincidence is everywhere. We only notice it because we are all in possesion of the most advanced pattern matching machine in known existence - the brain. Our brains don't like randomness, or chance, or coincidence, so it tries to make sense of them by linking things together. It's nothing different to seeing shapes when you close your eyes.

Ok, well of course some things are just coincidence :)

Archived