Illegal psychological experiments on Sheffield?

Okay, next step, you need to set yourself some (stable) standards by which to judge information. So far you have demonstrated typical conspiracy fan behaviour when it comes to this (I'm not saying you ARE a conspiracy fan, but you do seem inclined towards them). For example...

Compare the moon landings to the train derailments.

For you, the evidence in the media was not enough when it came to the moon landings, you would have to be able to observe it personally for you to believe it, which coincidentally is impossible.

Now, when it comes to the train derailments, the media evidence is enough to convince you, you are convinced. Not only that, you're trying to make something bigger out of it.

Then there's the data analysis, you haven't bothered to compare the frequency of derailments to previous years, yet you think there were more during the Gulf Wars. In your words "it was obvious" :help:

For the moon landings, you have sought out information (that suits your own view) against the evidence given in the media.

By changing the goalposts so much when looking at different cases/conspiracy theories, you are never going to come to a fair or accurate conclusion and will more likely than not come to a conclusion which suits your agenda/views/beliefs.

You have a very valid point. Especially with the trains, it could very well just be coincidence or it could just as easily be sinister. That said I don't get paid for this, if I did I would have gathered evidence specific to my goals. As it is, i am just a guy chatting about stuff on a forum to pass some time.

I have picked up some good information from this thread, and I appreciate the advice.

It may just be coincidence, but I kind of don't believe in things just being coincidence.

Why on Earth not?

Think about this, there's a car park full of gravel, a single drop of rain falls from the sky and lands on a single granule of the gravel.

Now, wind the clock back and remove all the gravel apart from that one granule, the rain drop falls and lands, right on that single solo granule, all on it's own in the middle of the big, wide, empty car park.

WOW!

What are the chances of that happening? Exactly the same as when it was full of gravel. That's coincidence, it can seem like something highly improbable, but in fact it happens all the time.

Why on Earth not?

Think about this, there's a car park full of gravel, a single drop of rain falls from the sky and lands on a single granule of the gravel.

Now, wind the clock back and remove all the gravel apart from that one granule, the rain drop falls and lands, right on that single solo granule, all on it's own in the middle of the big, wide, empty car park.

WOW!

What are the chances of that happening? Exactly the same as when it was full of gravel. That's coincidence, it can seem like something highly improbable, but in fact it happens all the time.

Already answered this one pal, I amend my words to not everything is coincidence.

You have a very valid point. Especially with the trains, it could very well just be coincidence or it could just as easily be sinister. That said I don't get paid for this, if I did I would have gathered evidence specific to my goals. As it is, i am just a guy chatting about stuff on a forum to pass some time.

I have picked up some good information from this thread, and I appreciate the advice.

All I'm saying is, if you're going to look for patterns and conspiracies, apply true critical thinking, apply the same system for every case and when looking at evidence from both sides. Don't let your own beliefs bias the investigation, or you will never find out the real truth. Above all, don't believe that just because so many conspiracy fans all agree with each other about something on the internet, that they must be right. That's circular thinking and a plea to ignorance. Any evidence proposed by conspiracy fans must be scrutinised and analyse to the same level at which you scrutinise and analyse public/mainstream media evidence.

Why on Earth not?

Now, wind the clock back and remove all the gravel apart from that one granule, the rain drop falls and lands, right on that single solo granule, all on it's own in the middle of the big, wide, empty car park

I like your way of thinking. :)

... apply true critical thinking, apply the same system for every case and when looking at evidence from both sides. Don't let your own beliefs bias the investigation, or you will never find out the real truth. ...

You might also wish to consider buying a razor.

One like Occam used.

Archived