Illegal psychological experiments on Sheffield?

All I'm saying is, if you're going to look for patterns and conspiracies, apply true critical thinking, apply the same system for every case and when looking at evidence from both sides. Don't let your own beliefs bias the investigation, or you will never find out the real truth. Above all, don't believe that just because so many conspiracy fans all agree with each other about something on the internet, that they must be right. That's circular thinking and a plea to ignorance. Any evidence proposed by conspiracy fans must be scrutinised and analyse to the same level at which you scrutinise and analyse public/mainstream media evidence.

I only know of one conspiracy site, I was told about it when I started this thread. I tend to make my own mind up rather than follow the mob, whatever the mob be them conspiracy or any other kind of mob.

A great example of how easy it is to find coincidences, skip to about 8:50

(Infinite Monkey Cage)

Sorry, it's not on there, it's on

at about 15:20

(for anyone interested, the entire collection of Infinite Monkey Cage, from Radio 4 with Prof. Brian Cox & co, is available to download free here)

After reading all the terrible attempts at comedy etc I've decided to end my discussion, should have realised there is no chance of any decent input from people with nothing better to do than moan all day on SF. Have a nice day folks and enjoy the warm gasses of your Sunday cabbage ;)

Something from the Observer 10 years ago that might interest you

The Ministry of Defence turned large parts of the country into a giant laboratory to conduct a series of secret germ warfare tests on the public.

A government report just released provides for the first time a comprehensive official history of Britain's biological weapons trials between 1940 and 1979.

Many of these tests involved releasing potentially dangerous chemicals and micro-organisms over vast swaths of the population without the public being told.

While details of some secret trials have emerged in recent years, the 60-page report reveals new information about more than 100 covert experiments.

The report reveals that military personnel were briefed to tell any 'inquisitive inquirer' the trials were part of research projects into weather and air pollution.

which continues

In another chapter, 'Large Area Coverage Trials', the MoD describes how between 1961 and 1968 more than a million people along the south coast of England, from Torquay to the New Forest, were exposed to bacteria including e.coli and bacillus globigii , which mimics anthrax. These releases came from a military ship, the Icewhale, anchored off the Dorset coast, which sprayed the micro-organisms in a five to 10-mile radius.

Of course the picture is quite different now, we have a government that loves us all individually, and would never do anything to hurt us, it always works in our best interestand would never dream of the shenanigans outlined above.

Of course the picture is quite different now, we have a government that loves us all individually, and would never do anything to hurt us, it always works in our best interestand would never dream of the shenanigans outlined above.

I love selective quotes with no link to back them up :suspect:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2002/apr/21/uk.medicalscience

I love selective quotes with no link to back them up :suspect:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2002/apr/21/uk.medicalscience

It's not computational fluid dynamics, but I'm glad you managed to work it out eventually.

Still, it gives the lie to us that somehow the "powers that be" are above a little light, non-consensual mass experimentation. They aren't and never have been whilst they've had the means.

There you go assuming I don't look into things again. I have had the plans for Apollo 11, I don't just go oooh thats fake! i actually spent a good period of time on this before i made my mind up. There is the weight of the whole ship, the fuel consumption, the earths gravity, the distance, the time taken to get there and back, the time it takes to land on the moon, takes samples etc, rule of error, the max speed to get to the moon in the time it took, the rockets used etc etc etc, There is actually quite a lot of information freely available to make a fair assessment.

What makes me laugh is how so many people will just believe what they are told with out gathering the information to make their own judgement.

None of which is what I was commenting on.

It was this

Just read a piece about bouncing laser off appollo's reflector.

I don't see how it could work. Surely to bounce the laser off appollo's reflector they would need to locate appollo. And if appollo is still on the moon then how did the astronaught's get back to the main ship?

That little snippet of information seems to be a fraud, never mind.

You don't understand, so you've dismissed it as fraud. Despite the fact that you could actually test this yourself given the right equipment.

... but I kind of don't believe in everything just being coincidence.

Why on earth not? ...

Why on Earth not?...

Just noticed this :hihi:

This forum isn't restricted to people who live in Sheffield - or even to people who live in the UK.

Are there any restrictions on the place of abode of Posters?

Are people who live on other planets disbarred from posting on this forum?

Is 'sci fi' an alias for ET?

1, The media.

2, It was very obvious. Felt like there was a train being derailed every other week. As opposed to every now and then. I can't actually remember the last train being derailed off hand. And no I haven't been to the national archives to gather precise data.

Well there was one end of June in Scotland, one middle of last month in Wales and that's from memory. Derailments are very common, in fact so common taht they never get widely reported unless they cause major problems (Scotland blocked the WHML and caused massive disruption) or if a lot of people are involved and it causes them inconvenience.

Archived