Illegal psychological experiments on Sheffield?

There was probably a small amount of Argon as well.

Quite possibly so, but argon - to the best of my chemical knowledge - poses no health threats at all apart from reminding me of a cheesy 1970s gameshow where one of the resident hosts was a dragon named Argond.

I've lived here a long time and definitely think there is something amiss in Sheffield.

The ratio of ignorant c&^ts is much higher here than anywhere else.:mad:

sci fi - find another forum mate - I'll PM you a good one.

Incidentally not all people on this site are utter pedants who have absolutely no social skills.

What are you comparing Sheffield with though ? Sheffield is bound to be different over several years, a change in people, industries, air quality, everything. When I visit Chesterfield it feels different and not like home like it used to years ago, it doesn't mean there's something in the water.

I'm not aware of the precise details of this one, but I'll stake my reputation on a hunch; I'm guessing - I hope Rupert Baehr will confirm or correct me - that this admixture of gases will also have included about 21% oxygen, which is of course a highly dangerous gas since it enabled combustion, quite apart from being toxic to humans at high levels; and also about 0.03% carbon dioxide, and we all know what dangers that can present.

There was probably a small amount of Argon as well.

That's the stuff!

The government release quite a lot of it at various sites. They often heat it before they do so.

That's the stuff!

The government release quite a lot of it at various sites. They often heat it before they do so.

Not all the blame can be laid on the government, I have the regular misfortune to witness an awful lot of non governmental release of this mixture of gases, often heated as well.

That's the stuff!

Not again :mad:

Next you'll be telling me they've been putting DHMO in the water supply again :rant:

People who enjoy having hypothetical discussions aren't always used to being slowtimed in the traditional Sheffield way ... he'll find out! :D

Sadly it was his second post that alerted me to his dull wit :)

Archived