Should Cassius Clay now retire from public?

I agree with Paul McCartney, his singing has gone down hill a bit hasn't it. He needed a bloke there to sing for him so that can't be a good sign if your a singer, I was thinking John Lennon could have done a decent job also had we dug him up and got a 'sing in' for him. In fact maybe we could get the Beatles back together if we go down this line of thought?

It really is a pity that the old ones do not know when it is time to go.:(

My view is that some older ex stars do not wish to let go of their stardom and yearn for the limelight once again. They should have more dignity than this and retire gracefully. Most of them(including the queen) have led very privileged lives. It is time for them to step down.

hear hear, i felt sorry for him as there was nothing there and looked like there just using the name, poor bloke
He had sun glasses on and for all we know they could have had him sedated and be earning a few quid out of him without his knowledge. I'm jesting of coarse but it does seem like they are taking advantage of him now, how do we know he wants to be there ? because he daughter (or whoever) says so?

I'm sure if he was a man of pride and dignity like he was back in the day he would be not wanting to be goped at for money, I imagine he would have preferred to contribute in some way instead of being a icon of the past that's pitied for his health problems.

He had sun glasses on and for all we know they could have had him sedated and be earning a few quid out of him without his knowledge. I'm jesting of coarse but it does seem like they are taking advantage of him now, how do we know he wants to be there ? because he daughter (or whoever) says so?

I'm sure if he was a man of pride and dignity like he was back in the day he would be not wanting to be goped at for money, I imagine he would have preferred to contribute in some way instead of being a icon of the past that's pitied for his health problems.

I agree. He was a very proud man in his day. I would prefer to remember him that way.

I'm sure if he was a man of pride like he was back in the day he would be not wanting to be goped at for money, I imagine he would have preferred to contribute in some way instead of being a icon of the past that's pitied for his health problems.

I don't think that Ali was there to be pitied.

Ali does have a big link with the Olympics, it was a moving moment when he lit the torch in the Atlanta Olympics, and he also won a gold medal.

Archived