Should Cassius Clay now retire from public?

Do you feel he was wrong refusing to fight for his country?

What was it he said when he justified his reasons for refusing to fight for his so called country?

"No vietcong has ever called me 'N*****!"

Very apt I thought.

he also said

“No, I am not going 10,000 miles to help murder, kill, and burn other people to simply help continue the domination of white slavemasters over dark people the world over. This is the day and age when such evil injustice must come to an end.”

“Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go ten thousand miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called ***** people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?”

he also said

Another thing he said although i cant recall the exact wording.

So i wont even try, ill just try and get the same message across.

He said that being forced to join the army (drafted) was akin to slavery.

I think thats bang on the money myself.

As to weather he should be retired from public.

God yes!

He looks awful, so weak and pathetic.

Poor sod :(

Another thing he said although i cant recall the exact wording.

So i wont even try, ill just try and get the same message across.

He said that being forced to join the army (drafted) was akin to slavery.

I think thats bang on the money myself.

As to weather he should be retired from public.

God yes!

He looks awful, so weak and pathetic.

Poor sod :(

As does Paul McCartney -will we make him retire too please.

he also said

Having the courage and conviction to voice those opinions and stand by the principles that bind them whilst being publically persecuted by your peers and fellow men for doing so would be something even today. To have done it back then.. It only goes to show what the man is made of.

Personally, I don't think the word "GREAT" does the man justice.

As does Paul McCartney -cam we make him retire too please.

Perhaps if he got himself one of those speaking computer thingy's like Professor Stephen Hawkins has so he can tell people to go :rant: themselves, they wouldn't be so insensitive to the condition he suffers from.

I doubt we could have won WW2 with that attitude. Vietnam was a mess I agree, but when your country calls on you to serve you do so, no matter what.

I couldn't disagree with you any more. My country is a piece of land, and can't speak. Politicians can speak, and I sure wouldn't go and fight for a single one of them. Let em send their own children.

Thats a bit random int it?

Why?

I assumed you'd be saying the same about professor Stephen Hawkins if he didn't have the computer that speaks his words for him. You do know who Stephen Hawkins is I presume?

Perhaps if he got himself one of those speaking computer thingy's like Professor Stephen Hawkins has so he can tell people to go :rant: themselves, they wouldn't be so insensitive to the condition he suffers from.

What are you on about? Paul McC may hiss through his teeth and wail but no one is suggesting that he needs a computer "thingy" - and as far as I was aware the only condition he suffers from is professional Scouseititis.

Before you rant read my other posts about Ali.

Archived