Text message from +1006

has anyone else received a text from the number +1006 it contains the following message "click to see (insert random name) photo's on facebook, the massage also contains a link which looks like this "http://fb.me/bdb9hXyyzfsRjo" then the message goes on to say reply "stop" to stop getting facebook texts. i am just trying to confirm if this is a scam, if i enter the link given, the page looks like a facebook style page with my telephone number on it, i have not clicked the remove telephone number link or sent a text to stop the messages as if it is a scam it will only get worse, i just need to know if anyone else has had this message, cheers

If you follow the link from a computer at home, it will 'interrogate' your Internet connection to determine the telephone number of the phone line which is carrying your internet traffic.

If you were to follow that link through a hot-spot, then presumably it would give you the telephone number of the operator of the hot-spot. The owner of that telephone number might prefer that you did not have access to that information.

I suppose there might be a privacy issue there. If there is, hopefully Facebook will get sued.

Cheers for the replies, it confirms my initial belief that it's just spam, what made it all the more irritable was that the first text message came in at 22.00hrs, followed by another identical text at 23.45hrs, :(

Archived