Cocktail bars On West street??

missamanda

....its open again now but for how long?? as its full of 50 yr old chavs now instead of the kids!

Maggie May's has gone 'Northern Soul'. Not my cup of tea and it does attract an older crowd, but I wouldn't call them chavs.

By the way... the food is pretty damn good there - think pulled pork sanwiches, burgers and chicken and chips. Nowt fancy, just good grub.

The Old House on Division St is probably your best bet. They'll have a stab at pretty much anything you can name/think of in my experience

The issue I have with the Old House, is that they don't have the staff to supply the demand on a weekend.

A good cocktail will take time to make, with a lot of their custom being cocktails, you'd expect more than 3/4 serving.

Waiting 20 mins or so to get a drink, isn't very good really.

However, the bar in the day is great.

Thanks for your replys!

£5-£7 for a cockatail is verrryyy expensive don't you think??!!

x

Not for a decent cocktail no.

If you're looking for cheaper ones, you're looking for the wrongs drinks/places.

Thanks for your replys!

£5-£7 for a cockatail is verrryyy expensive don't you think??!!

x

But you get what you pay for. I've been to a couple of bars selling "cocktails" cheap in town and frankly they were vile. I'd rather pay a little bit extra and just have a couple of really nice ones than having lots of really cheap but gross ones.

first shot bars ...now cocktail bars.........building an empire eh??? :o:hihi:

Alibi on trippit lane started off as a high end cocktail/flaring bar a couple of years ago....failed after 2 months no sustained demand for fancy cocktails at the prices needed....within 3 months it had gone the way of most bars which had the hooligan and chav element with cheap drink deals, buckets of beer etc and then closed after the murder of a customer outside.....the place closed not long after.......its open again now but for how long?? as its full of 50 yr old chavs now instead of the kids!

Also, forgot to add... now two of the management from there are working at Viper Rooms. And it seems to be doing very well at pretty much the same prices.

And £5-£7 per cocktail (If properly done) is worth it. Can't think of anywhere that does them cheaper apart from on 2-4-1 deals before a set time, like Crystal or Viper. Or if its doing them cheaper, you know to avoid like the plague.

Archived