Residents of Arbourthorne rd

Hello I am Carol Ash used to be Allwood and lived at 466 Arbourthorn Road until 1960 when I got married. I used to live next door to Joan Taylor. Flo Midwood lived across the road from us and she had a son who died quite young. . They called him Ernest Twigg Would be interested if anyone can remember me. My mum and Dad lived there until 1973 when they came out to us in Australia. Regard Carol
My sister susan and Ernest were childhood sweethearts,I also knew flo as she was my moms friend,I started singing with a group when I was 14 and flo took me to have some music trancribed ,I also went to school with flos daughter Noreen.

Yes my cousins Brian (BUSTER)ford and Neville ford ,all knocked about with boxer and the other brother,always known as fitzy Neville was killed when he fell off Danielle doncasters age 36,used to sing at the black swan nicknamed Cosmo

buster (Brian ) died in his 40s had a pub In wetherby,boxer died around 1998/99,the fitzys gave me my first record player in about1964 which made a big influence in my life at that time,I remember when I was around 13 seeing them all going out suited and booted brylcreamed hair in a quiff,

I have a photo which I must find.

Hello there buddy , I knew a few Fords from around the top of Arbourthorne and remember David and his brother who I think was called Paul, any relation.

My sister susan and Ernest were childhood sweethearts,I also knew flo as she was my moms friend,I started singing with a group when I was 14 and flo took me to have some music trancribed ,I also went to school with flos daughter Noreen.

Flo seemed to be resident singer at the Midhill club at one time.

I always remember when the turn did not arrive the whole club would shout . Send for Flo.

Hello there buddy , I knew a few Fords from around the top of Arbourthorne and remember David and his brother who I think was called Paul, any relation.

I know they had a cousin called David who played for Sheffield Wednesday ,not sure where they lived though.

Hi roughy we've talked before through Friends Reunited about Susan. I didn't realise she had 'gone out' with Ernie when they were younger. At some point after that he married my cousin June Ardron (no relation to Carole Ardron off East Bank Rd), They ended up divorced so I kind of lost track.

Still have warm feelings about Susan even after all these years. Please feel free to pm me if you feel like it - I'd love to see an old photo of her!! Best Wishes

Hi roughy we've talked before through Friends Reunited about Susan. I didn't realise she had 'gone out' with Ernie when they were younger. At some point after that he married my cousin June Ardron (no relation to Carole Ardron off East Bank Rd), They ended up divorced so I kind of lost track.

Still have warm feelings about Susan even after all these years. Please feel free to pm me if you feel like it - I'd love to see an old photo of her!! Best Wishes

hi roy yes i remember now, send me your email are you on face/book by any chance ?

jenny

I left Arbourthorne Rd in about 1950

My sister and I wore school uniform of Notre Dame and my Dad was Blind

Tommy Greensmith 2 doors away from us used to fish in the pond and had maggots in his pockets. As a small child I used to sit with him on his back doorstep and contemplate the wonders of the world with Flow singing next door.

hazel