Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

There are no flats been done up to how it used to be. I was the last family to move of last September. Council go in and completely strip them of everything. Boilers, piping, radiators, kitchen everything. Lived there 25 years and loved it. Would go back if I could. Didn't want to leave. Hence being the last family to leave.

Iv PM you to ask a question about the flats.

I Lived on the Park Hill as a child until I got married and have many great memories from growing up on there . My father and I managed the Park Hill /Parkway football team for many years Urban Splash the company doing the update have a great website and it's very informative giving regular up dates on the progress of the redevelopment

I recently moved to Park Hill flats at the end of last year so have seen the back facing Duke Street take shape and now it seems to have finished but what else is planned, I'm aware of the arts space being sold so that's great but what about shops and entertainment?

I spoke to someone around Christmas that told me businesses are moving in but they're only media types and construction agencies but I said we need shops as well as a laundrette and a few pubs, it's crying out for them now, plus out back they've put parking metres so yeah you've heard it right, tenants even have to pay for parking and they wonder why the units aren't being taken

I recently moved to Park Hill flats at the end of last year so have seen the back facing Duke Street take shape and now it seems to have finished but what else is planned, I'm aware of the arts space being sold so that's great but what about shops and entertainment?

I spoke to someone around Christmas that told me businesses are moving in but they're only media types and construction agencies but I said we need shops as well as a laundrette and a few pubs, it's crying out for them now, plus out back they've put parking metres so yeah you've heard it right, tenants even have to pay for parking and they wonder why the units aren't being taken

Havent Uber moved in to Park Hill Flats recently?

There will be a pub and coffee shop by the end of the year, beyond that I suspect we will see a small convenience store but the rest will be offices.

As for the parking, having to pay has been known from the start. The hourly rate is cheaper than anywhere else in the city centre.

---------- Post added 24-04-2016 at 11:32 ----------

Havent Uber moved in to Park Hill Flats recently?

Uber the design agency not the taxi firm have been there three years.

There will be a pub and coffee shop by the end of the year, beyond that I suspect we will see a small convenience store but the rest will be offices.

As for the parking, having to pay has been known from the start. The hourly rate is cheaper than anywhere else in the city centre.

---------- Post added 24-04-2016 at 11:32 ----------

Uber the design agency not the taxi firm have been there three years.

Whose told you about the pub and coffee shop and where will they be located, I'm presuming one will be in the Scottish Queen unit

Whose told you about the pub and coffee shop and where will they be located, I'm presuming one will be in the Scottish Queen unit

Pub in the Scottish Queen, coffee shop next to it. Urban Splash have said the pub deal is all but signed, they have long said that the Scottish Queen is the key leisure offering in the first stage so I'm sure they are giving whoever is involved a good deal and helping hand. Coffee shop details have been posted on the residents Facebook group.