Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

2 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Engineering

That is not a business qualification.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What are you trying to prove with this random deflection?

That question directed at Irene.

BP was questioning my credentials and it turns out they have no business qualifications what so ever.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

They need more motivation. When I woke up this morning, I had a load of housework that I was dreading and could quite happily have put it off but I knew there was a job to be done, so I sprung to life and did it. The fact Park Hill is barely mentioned in the media or even this forum anymore shows that the project has fallen flat. 

Stick to your business of making sandwiches and sausages on sticks, Love.

You are talking out of your posterior as always.  You haven't the faintest idea what it takes to design, apply for planning approval, deal with legal processes, deal with the budgeting and funding processes, source vast amounts of  contractors, labour and materials, set up operational works, deal with all the groundworks, build, installation, regulatory compliance checks, signing off, interior fittings, marketing strategies, sales developments, handover of projects on such scale.

If you bother to actually do some research on it, you will know that Park Hall phases have been continually moving along.  One, Two and Three are completed  Each one having a different purpose, style and layout and requirements.  Now do proposed phases 4 and  5 are going through planning.  A process, which of course you know being such an expert, can take years to reach final design approval.

You keep throwing out your "business diploma" but then keep demonstrating your complete ignorance about anything in the real world.  

Your Mickey mouse qualifications and illustrious career in Sandwich Management Operations really doesn't impress when you're trying to make bold statements about how other businesses should be running their operations.

Your alleged 50k a year earning, non- identified, unregistered, unlicenced small catering business does not make you into Alan Sugar.  Maybe Donald Trump considering you both have the same amount of bull coming out of your mouths.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

If you bother to actually do some research on it, you will know that Park Hall phases have been continually moving along.  One, Two and Three are completed  Each one having a different purpose, style and layout and requirements.  Now do proposed phases 4 and  5 are going through planning.  A process, which of course you know being such an expert, can take years to reach final design approval.

Oh yes I do know. The scheme for Park Hill was in the pipeline as far back as 2006, when Weston Park archived life in the old flats ahead of their redevelopment. Planning, surveyancing, safe working practices and contractor resourcing, as well as design, marketing had several years to be planned. The refurbished flats opened over a decade ago.

In contrast, Meadowhall was built in 2 years.

12 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Oh yes I do know. The scheme for Park Hill was in the pipeline as far back as 2006, when Weston Park archived life in the old flats ahead of their redevelopment. Planning, surveyancing, safe working practices and contractor resourcing, as well as design, marketing had several years to be planned. The refurbished flats opened over a decade ago.

In contrast, Meadowhall was built in 2 years.

Once again... Irene has no answer so change the topic. 

What the hell has Meadowhall got to do with it?   Is an entirely different project in an entirely different location with an entirely different set of rules and regulations compared to something that's going to be used for domestic dwellings. 

Furthermore, just because it got "built in two years" didn't mean that wasn't years and years of planning and preparation and design before that.  Discussions about site clearance for the old steelworks was in the early 80s with ideas floating around before the original MH planning applications submitted around 1986 and didn't reach for approval until 1988.

Nice try. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1