Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

You definitely can plaster/paint over the concrete - I was shown round the flats at the weekend and this was one of the things explicitly said to us, as there had been that misinformation going round.

Are you sure you're sure? The concrete is the part of the building that is Grade II listed. They've specifically left the old metal boxes from the light switches in, e.t.c. and not touched the concrete in any way. I would be very surprised if you could touch it without listed buildings consent, which I don't think you'd get.

Edit:

"Concrete walls have been left bare throughout the flats. Urban Splash said conditions would be given to buyers stating what can be done to the walls, as the building is listed."

OK, so maybe you can do certain things to the walls. We'll have to see what can actually be done.

Edited by HJL_Shef

There's a lot of info on the urban splash site - someone above gave the link. The flats cost £90 -£150k. and seem to be the same price whatever floor you're on. The developers want a 10% deposit early on (I haven't paid mine yet). The service charge depends on floor area - it's not cheap but it's not out of line with all the other new build flats around Sheffield.

Can you give us more info on the actual service charges? Would be useful for people to know.

Parkhill flats will always be haunted by the ghosts of girls on drugs being abused and captivated by their dealers. How many girls have arrived in Sheffield to be taken in and never seen again ? They will never remove the horrors of Parkhill. RIP, never forget.

Parkhill flats will always be haunted by the ghosts of girls on drugs being abused and captivated by their dealers. How many girls have arrived in Sheffield to be taken in and never seen again ? They will never remove the horrors of Parkhill. RIP, never forget.

Is that a cut'n paste from the Urban Splash brochure?

I looked at the website and thought to myself "You're not cool enough to live there anymore" :hihi:

I looked at it and thought "I'm still cool enough to live there" then the other half said "we're to old to live somewhere like that".

Do the flats still have 'free' heating piped up from the incinerator, or am I thinking about some other flats?

From my experience at Norfol Park, it wasn't supposed to be free, you had to buy heating tokens, but the meters never worked so you basically got it for free.