Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

Has anyone got any news on the second phase of development? Urban Splash is claiming the next lot will be ready in March 2015, but I've not seen any signs of start of development except for some scaffolding that's been there for ages now.

Urban Splash claim on their website, "more than 100 people are working on site to create 182 new homes in the second phase at Park Hill, and the first kitchens are being installed. Work’s moving along nicely and we’ll be launching the first homes for sale early in 2015,"

Has anyone got any news on the second phase of development? Urban Splash is claiming the next lot will be ready in March 2015, but I've not seen any signs of start of development except for some scaffolding that's been there for ages now.

Urban Splash claim on their website, "more than 100 people are working on site to create 182 new homes in the second phase at Park Hill, and the first kitchens are being installed. Work’s moving along nicely and we’ll be launching the first homes for sale early in 2015,"

They are working on it bear in mind they are furnishing the empty shells on b and c flanks plus Gilbert street on a flank. You aren't going to see much activity on the outside because it's all happening inside but if you're in Hague Street on flank a during a weekday morning it's clear something is going on from all the noise they're making. I'm not sure where the figure of 100 people comes from, there is a tops 30 or 40 people onsite at any one time but if you include the idiots writing press releases perhaps you get to 100.

It is truly embarrassing for the people of Sheffield that this building is listed and now there permanently. It's pretty much the first thing people coming from M1 South see if they enter the city from Junction 33. It looks like some of the worst parts of ex-Soviet Eastern Europe

• 7 months later...

the park hill flats, made into a grade 2 listed building in 1998, what do people think of this iconic building that dominates the city skyline?

has anyone seen the new development and what do you think of it? it looks colourful from the outside..

good for sheffield or what...

• 10 months later...

I recently went past Park Hill flats and stopped to look at the former Link pub and notice a guy was busy cutting down the overgrowth in front of the pub then he stopped for a break . I asked him what has happened to the Link pub sign as only the outer wooden frame was left he told me that the sign had been thrown away. He also told me that the block that houses the Link has been brought by a company and work is due to start in September 2016 , I always thought that Urban splash were going to do the entire complex perhaps they realised that one company can not do it or fund it. Is Park Hill been spilt up and sold off in parts so will end up been owned by different companies? Also noticed on the railway station side one of the upper floor flats has been burnt out must be only recently?

This is going to be an arts project which I think the council are funding, S1 Artspace have made a bid to run it. There will be no flats involved so Urban Splash wouldn't really be interested, they are making out like this was the plan all along but I don't remember hearing about this when it originally announced. Urban Splash are still looking to develop the next block along South Street but given the pace of phase one if we left it all to Urban Splash we'd all be old and grey before they finished off the whole site.

---------- Post added 28-02-2016 at 20:51 ----------

The fire brigade did some practice one of the old flats and it's often used as a film set. I don't think the fire was uncontrolled.