Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

On 13/01/2020 at 16:49, bassett one said:

its take in a lot of time,been cheaper to have knocked it down and built some badly needed council houses on the land

Despite what they say,  there is actually plenty of land in Sheffield where previous homes have been demolished, and they could build there.

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why don'y you flex your business diplomas and drop Urban Splash a memo on how to do better?

They need more motivation. When I woke up this morning, I had a load of housework that I was dreading and could quite happily have put it off but I knew there was a job to be done, so I sprung to life and did it. The fact Park Hill is barely mentioned in the media or even this forum anymore shows that the project has fallen flat. 

46 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

They need more motivation. When I woke up this morning, I had a load of housework that I was dreading and could quite happily have put it off but I knew there was a job to be done, so I sprung to life and did it. The fact Park Hill is barely mentioned in the media or even this forum anymore shows that the project has fallen flat. 

Or they have forgot more about financing, redeveloping, marketing and selling old buildings than you will ever know, and have managed the work accordingly.

But yeah, doing some housework is certain comparable to remodelling the largest listed building in Europe.