Park Hill and Urban Splash Megathread

As we are stuck with the building

You're never stuck with anything as long as you have Semtex. :hihi:

shouldn't the people of Sheffield be supporting Urban Splash

Or, alternatively, they could try thinking for themselves?

its just had a few million spent on it

Does the phrase "waste of money" not exist in your lexicon?

I think it's a real shame that for Park Hill to get cleaned up & habitable it has to be flogged off and targeted at yuppies.

Who else could afford to buy there?

Although £90k for a 1 bed flat does seem a little high given today's market prices.

E.g. 3 city centre flats found on Rightmove.

LINK (2 bed flat, £80k)

LINK (1 bed flat, £70k)

LINK (1 bed flat, £70k)

So let's see. I could pay £10,000 less and get a 2 bed flat or £20,000 less for a 1 bed flat. None of which would be on flippin' Park Hill.

Sadly there are probably still enough numpties around who think that the Park Hill deal is the better one. :rolleyes:

So what's with those red lamp posts, they look like they've been installed by a drunk, they also don't compliment the new refit at all.

And where's our footpath gone, they've obliterated it and replaced it with a road full of fish tank gravel, that's not even secured to the road. !

Most of it will succumb to gravity and end up on Park Square, that's if it isn't washed into the new drains.

What were they thinking. ?

Although the cost of a flat is often published

Does anyone know the following:

what is the council tax band?

What is the service charge? ( for maintenance )

Surely you are buying a lease to a flat: how long is the lease?

Are there any other hidden costs?

In saturdays star (retro) it shows a pic of park hill flats, which bit is it showing you? ive looked at aerial views on google and for the life of me cant work out which bit it is, also is the church still there? thanks.

Edited by Debs1

the church is st johns and lays below hyde park. did not see the retro but is it possible you were looking at park county school that stood in the middle of parkhill but has been pulled down. i used to go to this school but cant remember if it had a proper spire.

In saturdays star (retro) it shows a pic of park hill flats, which bit is it showing you? ive looked at aerial views on google and for the life of me cant work out which bit it is, also is the church still there? thanks.

It wasn't Park Hill, it was Hyde Park.