So, who fancies an Italian Meal Meet? (with poll)

Plain Talker

Which date suits best for an Italian meal meet?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which date suits best for an Italian meal meet?

• Friday 27th Jan
    • Friday 3rd Feb
    • Friday 10th Feb
    • Friday is not a good day for me (state alternative in post please)

Okay, five people have voted, out of thirteen that Friday is not a good day for them...

But!! they havent stated an alternative night that might suit... (except rich! ty rich!)

The concensus, so far seems to be that friday 27th Jan, at 7.30pm is the one so far that is most suitable, or, at least, of the dates available that's the most popular...

Anyone else want to chip-in with a good reason not to book for 27th, or shall I go ahead and book for that night?

The 27th is only three weeks away! So we need to get a wiggle on and decide on the booking!

Look forward to your input!

So far, "confirmed attendees":-

we have:- Me (and most likely Mark), D2J and Hayley, VJP, Kristian,

Meeks, Rich... Could your Fridays be jigged round this once, to enable you to attend?

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

Meeks, Rich... Could your Fridays be jigged round this once, to enable you to attend?

Yeah, go on then, I suppose so. :rolleyes:

Is this place licensed or will we need to bring a bottle?

I always like to go to new restaurants, if for no other reason than to just smash plates - they don't have to be Greek! :partyhat:

The waiters usually now know how to deal with my dribbling problem, I'll have a wash especially for the occasion, and my flatulence is reasonably under control now - except other than when I eat Pasta, tomatoes, onions, or mozzarella cheese. Other than that, you can take me anywhere.

Didn't Rich, who suggested it was time for one in the first place, say that he couldn't do Friday's?

I manage my own time so not a problem for me, just thought it would be nice to try and incorporate all those would like to go.

:)

S.W

Yaaay, Medusa! yaaay Meaks!

good-oh!

Stagewalker:- does this mean that you are up for the 27th? (BTW, yeah, I know, I was trying to be democratic, and suit as many of the attendees as possible, )

Meaks:- yes it's licensed, but I do believe you can BYO, and their corkage charge is not too bad.

ok, so it's now:-

Me, (and most likely Mark), D2J and Hayley, VJP, Kristian, Meeks, Medusa and possibly Stagewalker?

any advance on the nine of us?

Friday the 27th Jan, at 7.30 pm

(rich:- I tried to avoid Saturday as I believe it's their busiest night, and I didn't want to go "mob-handed" on their busiest night. Sorry, ducks; I know, the idea was originally yours, and you were the only one who gave an alternative date, as well... :( can you possibly "dip out" of Karate just this once?)

PT

27th is ok for me :)

If you're wanting 'quiet' - how about a midweek night (just to chuck the cat amongst the pidgeons - it would be significantly quieter then)

Like I say - I'm flexible - it's just an idea.

Might potentially be a couple more forumers coming with me, but will need confirmations first obv...

Is my dribbling and farting at the table ok then?

:partyhat:

Originally posted by Plain Talker

I propose Martinis Ristorante Italiano, on London Road (opposite Highfield Library) it's small, and quiet, a nice place to eat out. (and the service is great)

I agree with this venue - I've been there before and the food was really nice. Also it's not a busy place so we shoud have no problem getting a table of the required size.

PT, sorry I can't say whether I will come or not, however I am interested.

Archived