So, who fancies an Italian Meal Meet? (with poll)

Plain Talker

Which date suits best for an Italian meal meet?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which date suits best for an Italian meal meet?

• Friday 27th Jan
    • Friday 3rd Feb
    • Friday 10th Feb
    • Friday is not a good day for me (state alternative in post please)

Aarrgghh! Some of my favourite forummers are going to this Italian meal, and I'm out of town! Enjoy the food folks...... I'll be catching a train at Goole and thinking about you!

Awww love, we'll eat for you! Either that or we could wrap a bit of Lasagne up in a crusty serviette and Isis could keep it in her handbag until you get back...

All you need do is ask...

:D

Yu wanna go to a restauirant, when i've been offereing my services as a cook in home chef & all my food is cooked from fresh & autentic, as opposed to brought in Italina basics.

Dae you to ask them if it's fresh ingredients!

This is my job, i need a break, come on!

My ingredients are all made from total scratch, not restaurantified!

it's very kind of you, romario, but I suggested this restaurant because

1) The food is absolutely fantastic,

2) The prices are not exorbitant

3) The service is second to none,

4) The atmosphere is excellent.

5) There are fifteen of us going, it's very difficult to cater for that many different choices of meal, using a domestic stove. any more than about half a dozen people, and we'd be struggling... even if we all had the same antipasto, platti principale and dolce which will be awkward, as some attendees are vegetarians, some are meat-eaters, and some "demi-veg".

6) We would probably all struggle, at those numbers, to fit in one person's house.

7) The cleaning up after a meal of those proportions would be a nightmare if held at home...

We can go to this wonderful little restaurant, and know that we can have a good time, an evening of good conversation, delicious food, etc, and not have to worry about preparation, space, seating, cleaning up afterwards etc,

And also, as I have been a very, very regular patron of this restaurant for some time, now, I would hope not to be corrected on this, but I know Chef, at this restaurant, he is is very talented, and versatile, and his food is anything but "bought-in Italian basics", it's fresh, tasty, home-cooked type food, and is authentic. You can see into the kitchen and watch Chef prepare the meal...

PT

You mean you've never eaten a dried up old bit of lasagne before.....saved for you in a kleptomaniac's handbag for a few days?

You've never lived poppet!

sTaGeWaLkEr, was that remark intended for me? The new years eve incident was a mistake, even the policeman saw the funny side.Anyway i have stopped stealing food,its crockery and utensils now.

You mean you've never eaten a dried up old bit of lasagne before.....saved for you in a kleptomaniac's handbag for a few days?

You've never lived poppet!

sTaGeWaLkEr, was that remark intended for me? The new years eve incident was a mistake, even the policeman saw the funny side.Anyway i have stopped stealing food,its crockery and utensils now.

No, it was for Kristian, but thanks for that delightful little insight into your relationship with South Yorkshire Police.

If you're intent on stealing crockery and cutlery, you'll have to make sure you take a far bigger bag - perhaps a suitcase on wheels would be appropriate!

Anyway, see you Friday chicken :wave:

Am I picking Tomtom up? Can you find out - thx xx

Gotta dash - due at rehearsals in 30 minutes and I need to eat, shower and drive...oh so many things and so little time.

Archived