So, who fancies an Italian Meal Meet? (with poll)

Plain Talker

Which date suits best for an Italian meal meet?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which date suits best for an Italian meal meet?

• Friday 27th Jan
    • Friday 3rd Feb
    • Friday 10th Feb
    • Friday is not a good day for me (state alternative in post please)

Many thanks to PT for suggesting & organising the meal :D

The food was superb just like the last time & we were made to feel very welcome by the staff who did everything they could to accommodate us.

I have to admit I was impressed that the restaurant managed to keep its intimate atmosphere despite there being such a large group of us.

Many thanks to PT for suggesting & organising the meal :D

The food was superb just like the last time & we were made to feel very welcome by the staff who did everything they could to accommodate us.

I have to admit I was impressed that the restaurant managed to keep its intimate atmosphere despite there being such a large group of us.

Actually the suggestion was made by me ;)

PT just organised it all, cos I couldn't organise a P up in a brewery...

Good night, prices were cheaper than I was expecting.. Good company, nice Pizza and Ice Cream, although I think I over-indulged on red wine.. :P

Echoing everyone else's thoughts- thanks to everyone involved who did their bit to make the evening lovely, including those who contributed wine and conversation to the evening. I had a lovely time, and think it would be a great idea to do it again sometime.

Can heartily recommend the greenlipped mussels au gratin.

I am so glad that everyone had a good time, and that the food, the company, the conversation, and the atmosphere all lived up to everyone's hopes and aspirations. Now does everyone who attended see just why I rave about Martini's so much, and why it's my favourite restaurant???

it really was a fantastic night. And as Kristian said, it was a great opportunity to meet more of the forum clan.

Four hearty cheers for Martini's, and the staff, who, indeed, coped admirably with our large group, for the fantastic service, and the amazing food. AND the welcome! Man! the welcome! it was ace!

I'm sorry I didn't get back to those of you who'd PM'd me, over from wed/ thurs ish, but my Computer decided to throw a wobbler, and I have been offline since then. I am back on line temporarily, so I am making the most of it, and posting this, now, whilst I can.

Rich, I couldn't organise a PUIAB either, and I have to admit was a bit of a hassle trying to organise the food, even for those who sent in their pre-ordered requests.

Next time round, I'd LOVE to do Martini's again, if folk are willing...? (by the responses, I think folk will be wanting to go again!)

BUT, next time, what I will do is, I will organise a mutual time/ date (A midweek one, this time as many have requested) and those who are wanting to attend, I will give them Martini's number, and ask that they order their requests directly to Martini's, just stating that they are part of the XXX party, due on XXXX night.

PT

I too really enjoyed it, and for a first timer - I must say I found you all very friendly and welcoming. To echo previous comments, the food really was excellent, the restaurant was lovely and welcoming, and I shall certainly be going again. Thanks to you all for a great night - but escpecially to Rich for the suggestion and to PT for all her hard work and effort - it really is appreciated!

I am so glad that everyone had a good time, and that the food, the company, the conversation, and the atmosphere all lived up to everyone's hopes and aspirations. Now does everyone who attended see just why I rave about Martini's so much, and why it's my favourite restaurant???

it really was a fantastic night. And as Kristian said, it was a great opportunity to meet more of the forum clan.

Four hearty cheers for Martini's, and the staff, who, indeed, coped admirably with our large group, for the fantastic service, and the amazing food. AND the welcome! Man! the welcome! it was ace!

I'm sorry I didn't get back to those of you who'd PM'd me, over from wed/ thurs ish, but my Computer decided to throw a wobbler, and I have been offline since then. I am back on line temporarily, so I am making the most of it, and posting this, now, whilst I can.

Rich, I couldn't organise a PUIAB either, and I have to admit was a bit of a hassle trying to organise the food, even for those who sent in their pre-ordered requests.

Next time round, I'd LOVE to do Martini's again, if folk are willing...? (by the responses, I think folk will be wanting to go again!)

BUT, next time, what I will do is, I will organise a mutual time/ date (A midweek one, this time as many have requested) and those who are wanting to attend, I will give them Martini's number, and ask that they order their requests directly to Martini's, just stating that they are part of the XXX party, due on XXXX night.

PT

PUIAB?! :confused:

As for next time, mid week is OK but my own preference would be a Saturday as that's teh only night I don't already have something in teh diary such as Karate, Quiz night in the Robin Hood or whatever.

But it goes to teh majority vote of a week night I guess.

Archived