WANTED: Horse Share for Mother and Daughter S12 Area

Hello

We are looking to for a safe Mother and Daughter share. I am 13 and I have been having riding lessons for just over a year with a BHS instructor. I can Walk, trot and canter, but need to ride more regularly to develop my skills. My Mum is 43 and started riding at the age of 10 and had lessons until she was 16, but gave them up. She says “she’s experienced, but a bit rusty” and she is willing to supervise me and help me with the horse management. She can walk, trot, canter and gallop, but doesn’t enjoy jumping. We are willing to do mucking out, tack up, un tack, groom and exercise etc. We are fairly flexible, but weekends would be best as I finish school at 3:30pm, but my Mum works part time 2 ½ days per week (Mon/Tues & Wed am). So could assist with day to day care at the end of the week. We are happy to pay a small financial contribution ideally £30.00 to £40.00 a month. Transport isn’t an issue as long as it isn’t miles away from us we live in Sheffield 12. The horse must be safe, good on hacks, 100% with traffic, an all-rounder, but not lazy, nippy or a complete Looney. We don’t care about breed, gender or colour. My Mum is 10 1/2 stone and 5ft 6" tall. I am 7 stone 12 pound and I am 5ft 3” tall. The horse would need to be 15 hh +.

My Mum and I believe natural horsemanship and would treat the horse with all the respect, love and care that these wonderful creatures deserve.

Please contact us if you have anything, which would fit our needs

Thanks Rachel and Kay

Archived