Bt connection charge - fuming!!

Thanks for your replies, I've paid my account balance minus the charge. I'm on quite a good deal with bt as in their words I'm a loyal customer and my contact ends in January so I'll probably pay for line rental etc up till then. I went on their website last night to do some research and found loads of info on new connections it explains why a bt engineer has to go i.e no box or line, damaged box or line but it doesn't say anywhere about paying for them just to visit the exchange. If also says if your taking bb and calls there isn't a charge I have quibbled this as I was taking both but they said because I was on a special deal I wouldn't get a free connection (even though there was already a line) but it doesn't tell you that on the website so it's all very misleading

Dude, been here, done this.

From now on, put EVERYTHING in writing and send it recorded delivery. It's the only way to ensure that they don't stuff you. Also keep a record of when you called, who you spoke to and for how long. It may come in handy.

No way you'll have to pay and keep up that contract though. BT are horrible.

Archived