Table Name Ideas

But the other thing a friend suggested was to just let people sit where they like, I quite like this idea as well. But I think naming them would make it more personal :)

I think this would work if you are only having a buffet but not a sit down meal. OK with a buffet as some people will be standing at the bar/walking around/outside smoking/etc so there will always be seats spare so plenty of flexibility.

But for a seat down meal everyone will be sat down at the same time. You might end up with couples/families sat at the opposite end of the room because they can't sit on the same table together.

• 2 weeks later...

I would choose something that is personal to yourself and your husband - maybe films you both like, places you've been, countried you've visited or if you have a theme incorporate that into your table names. I had a Christmas wedding so I had reindeer names for the tables with the top table being Ruldolph.

I've worked quite a few where they have used film titles as there table names, but it is entirely down to the couple. There was one especially beautiful one however that used old film titles as they had a bit of a Film Noir theme going throughout.

Archived