Being told when to take holiday

You can apply to the school directly if you wish to take your child outside of a school term but an explanation as to why will be required. In your case the fact that you cannot yourself have a hoiday in this period might sway the decision in your favour.

Your childrens' schooling should come first.

They only have one shot at it.

Look at holidays during the other school breaks or changing jobs.

More and more schools are rejecting term-time applications.

Personally, I could see little harm or even benefit from the odd term-time break for 5 to 9 year-olds, but after that I am with the schools.

I could see little harm or even benefit from the odd term-time break for 5 to 9 year-olds, but after that I am with the schools.

We took that kind of stand with our boys, we took them out of school in the infants and juniors but not once they started secondary school ……….. now that the kids are grown up I am in a job with fixed shut down periods ……… yep you have guessed it I am tied to school holidays. :roll:

Your childrens' schooling should come first.

They only have one shot at it.

Look at holidays during the other school breaks or changing jobs.

More and more schools are rejecting term-time applications.

Personally, I could see little harm or even benefit from the odd term-time break for 5 to 9 year-olds, but after that I am with the schools.

It's a suggestion for a problem that occurs with a lot of people myself included it isn't a directive and whilst I agree that the education comes first, there is also a case for quality leisure time as a family and it becomes increasingly harder for some families to achieve.

If we have no opition but to remove our child from school to do this and the school are in agreement having ascertained that the child is capable of making that lost time up, then that is what we will do.

I do not expect to have priority treatment for having children but these are the factors to consider

- schools prefer children to go on holiday during school holidays

- holidays should be allowed to be taken as and when

- holidays are alot more expensive in school holiday so if i could I would go out of them but my children come first

- should my children not be allowed away because i cant leave my job in holidays

- the cover is not the issue that the employer has

I do not expect to have priority treatment for having children but these are the factors to consider

- schools prefer children to go on holiday during school holidays

- holidays should be allowed to be taken as and when

- holidays are alot more expensive in school holiday so if i could I would go out of them but my children come first

- should my children not be allowed away because i cant leave my job in holidays

- the cover is not the issue that the employer has

You can do what you like and as you suggest your children are just going to primary school it seems less of a problem ....

.... but children can survive quite well without having a holiday "away".

Your ability to maintain an income to support them would appear to be a priority?

Archived