Arab spring Religious winter?

The BBC are pc idiots.

Pay them no attention.

Remember how you hate the over/inappropriate use of the word 'racist'?

Well constantly trotting out 'pc' takes away similar weight to the argument you might have had.

Copts have been harrassed/persecuted for decades, if not centuries, in Egypt.

Nothing new here (not saying it shouldn't be stopped, of course - just that it's not "out of character" or a "new thing" explained away by the "arab spring").

Coptics were the majority in Egypt until Islamic conquest 90% now !0% did that take decades? Coptic girls kidnapped mutilated and sold to Muslims under the con of a wedding. Wake up.

Coptics were the majority in Egypt until Islamic conquest 90% now !0% did that take decades? Coptic girls kidnapped mutilated and sold to Muslims under the con of a wedding. Wake up.

Bejesus, no appreciation of historical context or the features of that country that facilitated such abuses of human rights..all you see is 'Muslim does bad thing-UG that means my daughters will be kidnapped from my front room in Southey and sold to Muslims'

Coptics were the majority in Egypt until Islamic conquest 90% now !0% did that take decades?
Said conquest took place in 639AD or thereabouts...centuries actually, I was right :P

For your reading pleasure.

Extract:

Copts have faced increasing marginalization after the 1952 coup d'état led by Gamal Abdel Nasser.

I've worked with Copts, both in Egypt and Europe, a couple of decades ago, and I have known (well, was made aware) of the above way back then - which already was nothing new then.

Much as I find the Muslim Brotherood unpalatable myself...you're really not helping yourself. Much.

Mod Note

Posts removed for insulting other users, xenophobic comments and quoting deleted posts.

And as, yet again, the users of this forum have demonstrated they cannot have a sensible discussion on a topic that contains the word "muslim", without descending into insults and xenophobia, the thread has been closed.

If you do have a sensible comment to add, please contact the Helpdesk and ask them to reopen the thread.

Archived