Ebay car question

Theres plenty of possible reasons my question was unanswered i suppose and his feedback (selling car stuff) is 100%

Are you sure it sounds dodgy?

No option to view is the real deal breaker for me. Not answering questions would just confirm my suspicions. There are loads of cars out there for you to spend your hard-earned on, ones you can go an look at, and even test drive, if you're adequately insured. It's not reasonable to expect someone to purchase a car without seeing it - unless it's a Matchbox.

View the car, just to make sure it matches the description, then pay. That's not unreasonable at all. But you should be test driving it as well before handing over a penny.

You could pay, find it has a massive dent in the side, and have no comeback because the seller could claim you did it.

I sold a car on ebay, the buyer paid cash at my address.

After a test drive.

If I'd have accepted PayPal payment, PayPal would have took a chunk of the £1200. I don't understand why the seller accepts PayPal payments ????

Sounds like a scam! unless its only worth a few hundred quid paypal fee's are huge!!

If you list an item like a car you will get LOTS of questions! i recently sold my husbands van, i had an average of 10-15 questions A DAY!. (i was amazed tbh).

So given the fact that they have not answer your questions, have insisted you pay before your collect its, is ringing a few bells for me!. Walk away find another! and view and ask any questions before you bid! if this isnt possible then dont bid.

I sold a car on ebay, the buyer paid cash at my address.

After a test drive.

If I'd have accepted PayPal payment, PayPal would have took a chunk of the £1200. I don't understand why the seller accepts PayPal payments ????

I did exactly the same.

Its the middle of holiday season, the Olympics and probably the reason for no response. You can't be forced to pay by paypal,and if you wish not too then you can request your bid cancelled.

Anyone bidding on a car without viewing needs to rethink bidding on ebay.

Archived