Need urgent advice. Do you think this is a scam or real?

Just received this email :

Hello

I'm sorry for not telling you about my trip to Madrid,I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to Spain,Europe for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in less than hours from now but having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills,I'm freaked out at the moment.wondering if you could help us with a quick loan, I promise I'll refund it once we get home. Please write me so i can send you the info for the wire of the money to save me from the embarrassment of not being able to cover the bills.

Thanks.

I've rung my friend's home phone no. & there's no reply. She could well have gone away, as I've been away & just got back. The email was sent to "undisclosed recipients" & the odd thing is that she says "vacation" and "Spain Europe". Has anyone else had one of these? I haven't replied & would be so glad of advice.

Thanks

Also had one yesterday concerning someone I barely know, delete it!

Hello

I'm sorry for not telling you about my trip to Madrid,I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to Spain,Europe for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in less than hours from now but having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills,I'm freaked out at the moment.wondering if you could help us with a quick loan, I promise I'll refund it once we get home. Please write me so i can send you the info for the wire of the money to save me from the embarrassment of not being able to cover the bills.

Thanks.

I've rung my friend's home phone no. & there's no reply. She could well have gone away, as I've been away & just got back. The email was sent to "undisclosed recipients" & the odd thing is that she says "vacation" and "Spain Europe". Has anyone else had one of these? I haven't replied & would be so glad of advice.

Thanks

Trust me it's 100% SCAM don't, repeat DON'T be suckered it's an old holiday scam that's resurfaced.

If you look at it carefully and click on reply then look at the properties of where you are sending it to it will have the name of your friend who has mailed you. However when you look there will be a number in the address so it does not go to your friend but to the scammer. I had this the other month purporting to be from one of my friends who I have known for a long time so I mailed him to the address in my address book.

Forgot to say, obviously when you have looked at the properties delete the mail and do not reply.

Hello

Thanks.

Thanks

Scam. I've had the selfsame wording twice: once supposedly from a friend (but really from someone piggybacking his e-mail account) and another from an unknown person. Avoid!

Archived