UK manufacturing figures deal hammer blow to recovery hopes

You are just talking about the hype rather than the facts. Manufacturing in the UK is bigger than finance.

manufacturing might be bigger in the uk than finance, but we still dont make nearly enough, the more we make than import strengthens the entire uk as its kept within these shores and is a supply chain to others in the uk.

tony blair didnt like manufacturing and loved the service industry, it will come back to huant us in short and long term.

p.s the figures over unemployment, means they are also taking on more than those being lost in the public sector, which is fantastic news, less bills and more income for the government

manufacturing might be bigger in the uk than finance, but we still dont make nearly enough, the more we make than import strengthens the entire uk as its kept within these shores and is a supply chain to others in the uk.

tony blair didnt like manufacturing and loved the service industry, it will come back to huant us in short and long term.

p.s the figures over unemployment, means they are also taking on more than those being lost in the public sector, which is fantastic news, less bills and more income for the government

I think you forgot to mention who shut down the manufacturing base in the Uk in the first place.

I think you forgot to mention who shut down the manufacturing base in the Uk in the first place.

go on i will answer, the answer your looking for is thatcher, now you answer me one mecky.... if they were so profitable, why didnt your beloved labour re-open all the factories and make us all billionaires ???

So the answer is yes...considering all the jobs that have gone from the public sector then the private sector has done well to expand in the way it has in my opinion..

Employment usually lags behind growth for some time, plus I read that 5/6 of the new jobs created are in London SE area, which isn't doing as badly anyway and many will be the 1000's of temporary jobs associated with putting the Olympic games on.

go on i will answer, the answer your looking for is thatcher, now you answer me one mecky.... if they were so profitable, why didnt your beloved labour re-open all the factories and make us all billionaires ???

More to the point, if they were profitable why didn’t the Tories give them to their rich buddies to make huge profits from?

Of course the economy needs rebalancing in favour of manufacturing, nobody is in dispute about this. Not sure about the Blair stuff, it was the Cons who closed and undermined our manufacturing industries in '80's, in favour of the financial services and loook where that has got us. New Labour did nothing to redress the balance either, they too were in awe of the City.
Thats the most objective and accurate i've ever seen you post.

They weren't profitable were they at the time as we were in a recession.:rolleyes:

The Tories rich friends would have known that and took advantage if there was a potential to make money, even labour’s rich friends would have known and took advantage of acquiring a cheap company in the knowledge it would make them a huge profit. The fact that none of these rich people saw the opportunity to make more money would imply there wasn’t an opportunity to make money. :roll:

Archived