I thought the Victorian age was long gone

Unemployed people cannot get allotments. Food inflation is greater than benefits, and some are no longer entitled to benefits. If people cannot grow their own food, or receive dole they MUST steal food.

They could be jailed and end up getting 3 meals a day.

Stealing food makes sense!

Utter crap!

Utter crap!

Is it eckers. Hardly anyone can get an allotment.

People can't grow their own food and they can't build their own houses. Hence the need for a welfare state.

If you cut benefits in real terms then you should expect people to pinch food and rob those with more land than they need.

People can't grow their own food and they can't build their own houses. Hence the need for a welfare state.

If you cut benefits in real terms then you should expect people to pinch food and rob those with more land than they need.

We need shanty towns, unregulated buildings and subsistence level farming ?

I think we need better education and budgeting skills.

Hardly any can get is a world away from someone cant have.

Utter Crap!..............bet you have found somewhere to grow dope!

For the record, the current amount of single person's income support (which carries with it rent and council tax paid in full) is considerably more than we spend per week on food and other necessary bills, for the two of us.

That's £71 a week. That has not just to pay for food but everything apart from rent and council tax - i.e. gas, electricity, water, clothes, footwear, transport, etc, etc. You're making out as if £71 is only for food. It's not.

We are a very judgmental lot on here, alcoholics, druggies, smokers poor money skills, and some people may just not have a pot to pee in; & are trying to survive. I know there are a lot of wrong uns out in society but, its not everyone.

That's £71 a week. That has not just to pay for food but everything apart from rent and council tax - i.e. gas, electricity, water, clothes, footwear, transport, etc, etc. You're making out as if £71 is only for food. It's not.

They would come under the aforementioned "necessary bills".

That's £71 a week. That has not just to pay for food but everything apart from rent and council tax - i.e. gas, electricity, water, clothes, footwear, transport, etc, etc. You're making out as if £71 is only for food.

No I am not. I said "food and other necessary bills."

Archived